News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Tail light lights and sequential operation not functioning

Started by RSOHC, June 10, 2019, 12:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSOHC

I am in the process of install new wiring harnesses throughout a GT500.  I have installed new stock tail light bulbs and dynamite sticks. 

The things that work are the emergency flasher lights front and back, tail lights high and low, and brake lights.   

The things that do not work are the left and right directional tail lights and front directional lights.  The light bulbs do not light and the sequential operation does not work.
I have a green flasher "Wagner 552" to the left of the steering column and a yellow "TUNG-SOL 323" to the right of the steering column.
When initially installing the wiring in the tail light area, I did not penetrate the insulation of the wiring with the original style couplings so I did not have grounds on the six tail lights or power to the six tail lights.  When the couplings were reinstalled I had grounds and power.  Perhaps I need to recheck the wiring in this area.
Do I need a different flasher to operate the sequential tail lights?  Perhaps one of the 13350 flashers in the National Parts Depot catalog.  Possible parts numbers are 13350-3 ($2.95), 13350-200A ($114.95), 13350-6B ($11.95), 13350-7A ($31.70, and 13350-7B ($31.70).
Any other suggestions are welcome.

Lauran

RSOHC

I Have checked that all of the couplings penetrate the wiring insulation and they look good. 

I have 12.2 volts on one side of the green flasher with the turn indicator in the off position and 12.2 volts on both sides of the green flasher with the turn indicator in the on position.  There is no clicking sound with the turn indicator in the on position.

Lauran

Coralsnake

Make sure the #323 flasher is on the turn signal wiring. It is the only stock flasher that will work with a 6 bulb harness.

If you have the wiring wired correctly in the back, then I would take a close look at the turn signal switch in the steering column. Hopefully you have the dynamite stick with a plug attached...