News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Comments on replacement Fog Lights

Started by RSOHC, June 09, 2019, 06:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSOHC

I am looking for some replacement Fog Lights.  Any comments on the Fog Lights offered by National Parts Depot.  Is there a better source other than NPD? 

Thanks

Lauran

Coralsnake

They are very good, the lenses are slightly different, but well worth the cost in my opinion.

shelbymann1970

Pete, you are referring to the Marchal ones they sell?  Original Lucas lamps can be found On Ebay from time to time. I mean the correct ones with the little black grommet and "ENGLAND" lenses. Usually they are located in England also. I have bought a "few" sets over time(hoarding, LOL). Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

Coralsnake

To the best of my knowledge there is no reproduction Lucas lamp, so he has to be referring to the Marchals

Peter L.

I'm also looking for a pair for my KR ( 04052 ). Just curious, how much should I pay for a nice driver quality set?

Pete.
KR 4052
1969 Fairlane Cobra formal roof drag pack

propayne

Are these no longer available?

https://www.holden.co.uk/p/square_8_foglamp_lucas_licenced_reproduction_

Website says they are in stock but I know nothing about them - never inspected one personally.

From what can be seen from the photo on the website wrong glass, grommet and nut but I would think the nut and the glass could switched out.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

FL SAAC

Quote from: shelbymann1970 on June 11, 2019, 06:40:16 AM
Pete, you are referring to the Marchal ones they sell?  Original Lucas lamps can be found On Ebay from time to time. I mean the correct ones with the little black grommet and "ENGLAND" lenses. Usually they are located in England also. I have bought a "few" sets over time(hoarding, LOL). Gary

correct go on ebay,  dont look up shelby/lucas.

look up lucas foglights, lucas vintage, lucas foglights and add any of the cars built in the uk during that time period

you will find them at 1/4 of the price good luck
Living RENT FREE in your minds

All Time Post Count King !

Home of the "Amazing Hertz 3 + 1 Musketeers"

FL SAAC Simply the Best, much Better than ALL the Rest.

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Coralsnake

Phillip- first time I have seen those Lucas lamps, I dont think NPD sells those.., maybe the original poster can clarify....of course a KR would always use the Lucas lamps

vtgt500

Pleased to hear the NPD repos are good quality.  My originals have rusty reflectors and a broken lens.  Was optimistic with urgent demand satisfied the repo price way become more palatable.

Coralsnake

The relector and lens is one piece. They are easy to swap out when you find the correct lenses.

Here are the original drawings

http://www.thecoralsnake.com/FogLight

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 11, 2019, 07:17:08 AM
To the best of my knowledge there is no reproduction Lucas lamp, so he has to be referring to the Marchals
They must be gone as I bought brand new Repo Lucas lamps back in the late 2000s for my 68 Shelby. I bought them out of England. 300 bucks a set. Needed original washers though which I made myself out of stainless steel. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbymann1970

Quote from: propayne on June 11, 2019, 08:28:49 AM

Website says they are in stock but I know nothing about them - never inspected one personally.

From what can be seen from the photo on the website wrong glass, grommet and bolt but I would think the bolt and the glass could switched out.

- Phillip
I'd say those look like the ones I bought(washers look familiar) but bought a set and they came in a green box. I still have the box so will check after work. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990

shelbymann1970

Quote from: propayne on June 11, 2019, 08:28:49 AM

From what can be seen from the photo on the website wrong glass, grommet and bolt but I would think the bolt and the glass could switched out.

- Phillip
The threads are different than original Lucas lamps as I had to run a tap though  original nuts to make it work from my memory fro my 68. I think I found 3 different threads for Lucas. Originals, service replacements I bought in 1985  and these reproductions. I think the nuts on these repos are different than the standard nuts that came on my set a decade ago. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990