News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Security

Started by Fast Fords, June 09, 2019, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fast Fords

I am thinking of driving my car to the convention this year. Can anyone tell me if there will be separate parking for the Shelby's etc. and security overnight at the host hotel ?

I have talked to a few guys who told me they would bring there car also if there was security and separate parking for the Shelby's etc.

The more cars the better.

Corey Bowcutt

I remember reading somewhere that there would be security at the host hotel for the cars.

Shelby350500

I'd like to know too about maybe some security (other than hotel cameras) and a parking area for member cars so we can be together.  At recent past events the hotels refused special parking for us and I miss that interaction with fellow members.  Deal breaker for me-just drive the Taurus with Shelby hub caps.

Fast Fords

Yes, being able to mingle with other owners in the designated parking lot and not have to worry about the Caravan full of kids who have parked next to you giving you a door ding.
I think if the club can do this with the security, more of the non concourse cars would show up at these events.

SAM83

At last years event in Sonoma I tried to find out details regarding security and whether there would be a designated parking area roped off for Shelbys.  I never got a response from the organizers after many attempts.  I gambled and drove my 68 Shelby to the event.  Turned out there wasn't a designated parking area so your car was at the mercy of whoever wanted to park next to you.  I found a space that I could see from my hotel room but didn't realize the trees in the parking area were dropping sap.  in addition to the sap, the sprinklers went on and caused water spots. There supposedly was an additional security person looking out after the cars.  I'd highly recommend bringing a car cover.  A lot of the cars park at the racetrack and you'll notice enclosed trailers in the parking lot of the host hotel.  I probably wouldn't do it again as I found it difficult to sleep thinking of a Caravan full of kids waiting to ding my car

computerworks

The arrangements vary year to year, based on track and hotel accommodations.

The host hotel will have 24 hour security hired for protection.

At the track, we have reserved a Paddock parking area for all Shelby vehicles on Thursday and Friday.
When you first enter the event, you will be given a Paddock Pass dash card, if your vehicle qualifies... civilian vehicles will use spectator parking.

Fast Fords

OK, our cars will have someone patrolling them at night if I am reading your reply correctly.

Will we have a specific parking area for OUR cars and not by the caravans ?

We need cars at these events and I think some catering has to be done to the "non concourse" cars in order to get them to show up.

I know it takes a lot of work to put this show on,but, I think this security and specific parking area is very important to a lot of guys/gals with Shelby's etc.

I know I won't be bringing my car if I am parking by a Dodge Caravan.

Do we have a specific area at the host hotel where ONLY cars from the show will be parking ?

computerworks

At the track, all Shelby related cars will be parking INSIDE the paddock in a reserved area next to the racer's paddock.
This will be on Thursday and Friday.
That area will be used for the Popular Vote car show on Saturday and will not be available for reserved parking on that day.

At this point, it is not clear yet if the hotel will block off any area in their parking lot.

Shelby350500

Sounds like I will not be bringing a Shelby :-\ 

CSX 4133

Quote from: computerworks on June 11, 2019, 12:19:13 PM
At the track, all Shelby related cars will be parking INSIDE the paddock in a reserved area next to the racer's paddock.
This will be on Thursday and Friday.
That area will be used for the Popular Vote car show on Saturday and will not be available for reserved parking on that day.

At this point, it is not clear yet if the hotel will block off any area in their parking lot.

I understood your post concerning the paddock area not being available on Saturday. My question is where will trucks with trailers that were parked within the paddock (FRi/Sat for track day use) going to be parked on Saturday during the day and overnight? Thank you for any insight on Saturdays parking will help immensely.

computerworks

Quote from: CSX 4133 on June 16, 2019, 08:35:57 PM
I understood your post concerning the paddock area not being available on Saturday. My question is where will trucks with trailers that were parked within the paddock (FRi/Sat for track day use) going to be parked on Saturday during the day and overnight? Thank you for any insight on Saturdays parking will help immensely.

Participants of open track will have areas to park in the SAAC Paddock (that is not where the Car Show will be located on Saturday)
You may leave your truck/trailer in place there on Saturday

CSX 4133

Fantastic, thank you for the clarification.  :)

Fast Fords

Well, I took it upon myself to call the host hotel to see what kind of security and parking we will have. I was told that there would be a specific parking area for our

cars and that it would be patrolled by a security guard from 8 in the evening till 6 in the morning. That is great news.

Corey Bowcutt

Thank you Fast Fords!  That is great news.

shlby66

Quote from: Shelby350500 on June 16, 2019, 06:17:17 PM
Sounds like I will not be bringing a Shelby :-\ 

Sounds like, one of the usual excuses, not to bring out, your Shelby. ::)

Doug