News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

hardware for 69 GT500

Started by kasearch@ix.netcom.com, June 12, 2019, 03:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kasearch@ix.netcom.com

My car came nearly completely disassembled, hence I am missing most of the hardware. East Coast Bolts sells a Shelby hardware kit and I would like opinions as to how accurate (or not) they are.  I need the hardware for nearly the entire car so your input is important.

Coralsnake

I have not heard of east coast bolts,  however AMK products sells bolt kits. They are generally pretty good, but you need to research other cars built near yours to ensure you have the correct head markings

KR Convertible

Eastern Bolts is selling AMK kits.  Cheaper from AMK

Bob Gaines

I saw Eastern bolts had a spot at spring Columbus All Ford swap meet. Their entire display consisted of AMK. The prices were higher then I could go online and buy myself. That was about 3 years ago . I don't know if that price difference is the same now. Not all of the bolts are accurate in the AMK bolt kits but that is the next best alternative to chasing down all of the individual bolts yourself and having them re plated etc.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bill

I used the AMK kits for the items missing on 1584, quite happy with the quality, held up quite well in all sorts of weather conditions.
Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

KR Convertible

Actually, it was someone elses website that pooped up.  Eastern has the complete kit 69Z-HDSB for $387.  Kentucky Mustang has it in stock for $345.  Not sure if that's the right kit, but you can save some money by shopping it around.

shelbymann1970

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 12, 2019, 03:34:12 PM
I saw Eastern bolts had a spot at spring Columbus All Ford swap meet. Their entire display consisted of AMK. The prices were higher then I could go online and buy myself. That was about 3 years ago . I don't know if that price difference is the same now. Not all of the bolts are accurate in the AMK bolt kits but that is the next best alternative to chasing down all of the individual bolts yourself and having them re plated etc.
last time I did that(plating) I had about 1200 fasteners done. alt fans, pulleys,Hood hinges,  etc also.  All cataloged. Some of my gold disappeared. Think it was a driver picking up another order getting a 5 finger discount...I was able to replace what was stolen. Of course I had a lot of extras done. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)