Author Topic: Shelby Magazine on Newsstands  (Read 2542 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Shelby Magazine on Newsstands
« on: February 15, 2018, 09:29:28 PM »
I saw this today at CVS and couldn't resist.  A few interesting articles, and then a saw this ad from Shelby American.    I don't mean to stir up trouble, but can someone please explain this to me?

"Built by Legendary GT, after Carroll Shelby personally granted them a license, each is a piece of legendary American automotive history.  Every car is handcrafted and fitted with your choice, either a 428pi or a motor from the Shelby Engine Company, then placed in the official Shelby Registry.  It's just like owning an original GT 350 or GT500-like new once again!

What registry are they referring to?  It sure seems like they are hoping that stupid people will expect their 'new' GT350/GT500 to be in the SAAC Registry.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Re: Shelby Magazine on Newsstands
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 10:40:09 PM »
I did see this;

https://www.fusionmotorco.com/eleanor-legacy

I guess the place in Oklahoma lost their exclusive licensing deal (or chose t let it lapse)?

Now it is owned by Fusion in SoCal.

Seems there are licensed builders all over the place!
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:42:24 PM by 2112 »

Wedgeman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 12:30:08 AM »
What a...CROCK !! ::)

Bob Gaines

• SAAC Member
  • Original Posts:14706
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 12:44:02 AM »
I saw this today at CVS and couldn't resist.  A few interesting articles, and then a saw this ad from Shelby American.    I don't mean to stir up trouble, but can someone please explain this to me?

"Built by Legendary GT, after Carroll Shelby personally granted them a license, each is a piece of legendary American automotive history.  Every car is handcrafted and fitted with your choice, either a 428pi or a motor from the Shelby Engine Company, then placed in the official Shelby Registry.  It's just like owning an original GT 350 or GT500-like new once again!

What registry are they referring to? It sure seems like they are hoping that stupid people will expect their 'new' GT350/GT500 to be in the SAAC Registry.
It is the Shelby registry that was established by Shelby for all of the late model cars Shelby has been doing.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 02:24:48 AM »
Correct.  The Shelby Registry is kept by Shelby American shop.  It is not published or available to the public as the SAAC World Registry is.  It is used for those who nay want to verify a late model cal being licensed and/or built by the Shelby shop.  There too many Shelby licensed vehicles to publish the data base.  It records the original work done and the first owner, of known.    Questions concerning the classic Shelby vehicles are refereed to SAAC and its registry.