News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

"correct" oil filter for 65?

Started by dockbay, June 13, 2019, 02:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dockbay

Hi guys,
What does the "club" consider correct for an oil filter on a 65?  I have seen Red Rotunda's, Gold 6000 mile Rotunda's, and rarely, The Black rotunda with the yellow writing. Yet to see a black one appear on eBay but certainly you can get NOS or re-pop red and gold ones....  Time for an oil change so I'm gonna need a new filter..
Cheers,
John

CharlesTurner

Black ribbed top with yellow Rotunda stamp.  Can buy the red rotunda repro, strip/paint black and apply logo
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

dockbay

Thanks Charles... where do you find the logo?  Is it a stamp or  a clear sticker? Haven't seen any of those on eBay.

CharlesTurner

Quote from: dockbay on June 13, 2019, 10:10:00 PM
Thanks Charles... where do you find the logo?  Is it a stamp or  a clear sticker? Haven't seen any of those on eBay.

I have a rubber stamp.  Send me a PM with your e-mail and I can forward the artwork that can be used to have your own stamp made.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Bob Gaines

Some of the earliest 65 GT350's that had the oilpans installed at SA (Phillips head bolt) could have had the red Rotunda. The later Ford installed oilpan (hex head bolt) engines would almost certainly have the Ford installed assemblyline black with yellow stamp filter. 
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Rickmustang

Mr .Perkins has something for everyone!
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 14, 2019, 06:28:35 PM
Some of the earliest 65 GT350's that had the oilpans installed at SA (Phillips head bolt) could have had the red Rotunda.

Have any examples?

Pic of 5S087 attached, looks like a black one.
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Bob Gaines

Quote from: CharlesTurner on June 16, 2019, 12:20:57 AM
Some of the earliest 65 GT350's that had the oilpans installed at SA (Phillips head bolt) could have had the red Rotunda.

Have any examples?

Not all but some like I said. Apparently some were damaged during the oil pan exchange at SA
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

GT350Lad

Quote from: Bob Gaines on June 16, 2019, 01:37:21 AM
Quote from: CharlesTurner on June 16, 2019, 12:20:57 AM

Have any examples?

Not all but some like I said. Apparently some were damaged during the oil pan exchange at SA

Makes sense, thanks Bob
6S373
6S1276

dockbay

Looks like it's still listed... a steal at ONLY $850!! Might as well take a dozen....

Bob Gaines

Quote from: dockbay on June 17, 2019, 10:26:28 PM
Looks like it's still listed... a steal at ONLY $850!! Might as well take a dozen....
That is a different one listed I believe. He has more then one to sell it seems.