Author Topic: Basketball  (Read 2588 times)

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
Basketball
« on: June 13, 2019, 11:54:22 PM »
Toronto Raptors... discuss...

;D
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

Stillakid54

• View Profile
Re: Basketball
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 01:17:52 AM »
A neighbor from the north: Two great teams, and a great series. Boosts the image of basketball in one persons opinion (even if the Raptors had come second I would say this).
68-2766, since 1990
69-2524, since 1992

SHELB66

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 01:57:07 AM »
I have a feeling we'd be watching a game 7 on Sunday had Klay Thompson not injured himself.  He was in that zone and his shot was falling with regularity.  He had an excellent series in spite of missing a full game with the injured hamstring.  I'll bet Danny Green on the Raptors is breathing a sigh of relief!  His errant pass gave the Warriors a great opportunity to win that game.  Definitely a great, competitive series that will go down in history for many reasons.

Craig R.
66 Hertz 6S1564
06 Hertz #446
64 Ranchero V8 4spd
02 Explorer Sport Trac

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 02:32:06 AM »
Good for the sport.

Dynasties kill interest.

Congratulations Toronto.

• 1967 gt500 since 82 NFS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 07:40:52 AM »
Good for Toronto!!! VERY BAD for the chances of my Lakers getting Kawaii.....What a talent.

sfm5

• SAAC Member
  • Great White North
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2019, 08:50:42 AM »
The series has really elevated the sport in Canada. My daughter was in downtown Vancouver when all the people watching the game in restaurants and bars spilled out into the streets. Vancouver is 3000 miles from Toronto! Very cool.
65 GT350

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2019, 10:07:49 AM »
No Klay, No win.

I was all set for a fathers day show down. Since Toronto took out my Bucks I was all in on GS. Curry had his look, it was a good one, but he wasn't in the zone like Klay was. It was his opportunity and Curry couldn't deliver-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

s2ms

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
    • 6S1757 Info
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 01:03:15 PM »
Congrats to the Raptors, they had a great year.

It was an excellent final series IMO, especially the last 2 games. While the NBA is still too much of a one-on-one and no defense league for my taste, both teams in this series played some outstanding team basketball and defense. Definitely would have been a different series with a healthy KD. How much? Who knows, but it would have been different. Losing Klay was a killer.

Enjoyed all the playoffs this year. Now if we can only get the Sonics back...
Dave - 6S1757