News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Repairing a C6ZZ NOS trunk mat

Started by 6s1640, June 14, 2019, 02:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

Hi all,

Dose anyone have any secrets to repairing these NOS trunk floor mats.  I have one I purchased years ago that has the cracks in the corners and in random locations.  If I can repair, that would be great.  I realize these mats are not the best, but if I can salvage this mat, I would prefer to.

I tried attaching aluminum tape to the back side, but the tape would not stick.  Are these C6ZZ NOS mats rubber or Burtex?  I am hearing rubber.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cory

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 6s1640 on June 14, 2019, 02:24:40 PM
Hi all,

Dose anyone have any secrets to repairing these NOS trunk floor mats.  I have one I purchased years ago that has the cracks in the corners and in random locations.  If I can repair, that would be great.  I realize these mats are not the best, but if I can salvage this mat, I would prefer to.

I tried attaching aluminum tape to the back side, but the tape would not stick.  Are these C6ZZ NOS mats rubber or Burtex?  I am hearing rubber.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cory
The 65/66 mats are made of a rubber type material not Burtex.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

papa scoops

I would try one of these guys that repair vinal/leather seats. they got all the stuff. I use Jimmys upholstery in Bellevue. if you can bend the matrial and it breaks, its dried out to much. phred