News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Spacer Plate

Started by robert campbell, February 14, 2018, 11:42:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert campbell

All,
This was on the 65 Hipo motor I recently went through for a customer.  What the heck is it?  Seems to be a late 60's spacer plate from a performance engine.

Rob

KDunne

Quote from: robert campbell on February 14, 2018, 11:42:18 AM
All,
This was on the 65 Hipo motor I recently went through for a customer.  What the heck is it?  Seems to be a late 60's spacer plate from a performance engine.

Rob

Spacer for a 68 350?  Sent you a PM

Bill Collins

Looks to me like '69 351 Windsor - would be correct for a '69 GT350. Boss 302 is similar but has an angled tube.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

Dan Case

It is a C2AZ-9A589-E part. Extremely rare these days. If you put up for sale please let me know.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

gt350hr

Rob,
       It is a "somewhat" generic spacer used on a variety of FE and 351 W engines. Like Dan said they are somewhat rare these days as the tube often breaks out and many have been scrapped They are nice in the fact that they are  about 1/4" thick , phenolic and have the PCV tube aimed out the back unlike the Boss 302 like Bill mentioned.  As I'm sure you know the "K" code engines used a 1" thick , die cast aluminum spacer that also had a PCV port in the back.
    Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Dan Case

Quote from: gt350hr on February 14, 2018, 03:44:01 PM
   Rob,
       It is a "somewhat" generic spacer used on a variety of FE and 351 W engines. Like Dan said they are somewhat rare these days as the tube often breaks out and many have been scrapped They are nice in the fact that they are  about 1/4" thick , phenolic and have the PCV tube aimed out the back unlike the Boss 302 like Bill mentioned.  As I'm sure you know the "K" code engines used a 1" thick , die cast aluminum spacer that also had a PCV port in the back.
    Randy

For those that don't know there was not "a" 4V spacer for 289s but a family of them with engineering changes along the way all the way into modern service parts quite different than anything used in production. 1963 parts are HP289 only. 1964 onward are just 4V applications with let's see four versions used in 1964-65 alone. 1963 HP289 ones are hard to come by, not super rare but people just don't put them up for sale that often.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.

robert campbell

I will talk to the owner and see if he wants to sell.  If so I will move it to a for sale area on the site.

Rob

zray

I have one of those with the straight PCV nipple made out of aluminum, and one with the curved PCV nipple pipe.  A guy over on the Boss 302 forum used to make them, but, sadly, he has passed away.
they are an exact copy of the Boss 302 type, but not out of plastic like the originals. Very durable and you can paint the edge if you want the original look.

Anybody interested in them can email me.

zray289@gmail.com

Z

zray

found another Boss 302 type spacer (in aluminum) with the straight nipple pipe, if anyone is still in need of one.

zray289@gmail.com

Z.