News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

24 Hours of LeMans

Started by deathsled, June 15, 2019, 08:01:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigfoot

85 won and disqualified BS is just that,...total BS
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

deathsled

Not only that, the rule that the Ford pit crew did refuels too fast is a nod to the concept of equality of outcome rather than equality of opportunity.  Hmmm...postmodernism politics have crept into motorsports it seems to me.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

68countrysedan

Filed under Advocate; Devil's

Based on the Jalopnik article, the rules about minimum fueling time and fuel volume seem pretty straight forward. Rule minutiae perhaps. But the team should have known them, particularly if a potential disqualification could occur.

Or should the rule standard be, it ain't cheatin' unless you're caught. 

Quote from: 68countrysedan on June 19, 2019, 12:17:59 AM

Based on the Jalopnik article, the rules about minimum fueling time and fuel volume seem pretty straight forward. Rule minutiae perhaps. But the team should have known them, particularly if a potential disqualification could occur.

.  Always has been."Lightweight"parts anyone???

Coralsnake

I dont think I will be watching the race in the future, especially after the announcers were concerned with the carbon footprint of the event. Let me help by saving my electricity

Quote from: Coralsnake on June 19, 2019, 07:22:41 AM
I dont think I will be watching the race in the future, especially after the announcers were concerned with the carbon footprint of the event. Let me help by saving my electricity

+1

shelbydoug

Carbon footprint can only be reduced by reducing the population. The "surplus population" needs to be reduced. We can start with the announcers?  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

mark p

WTF - I thought it was an automobile race  ::) ??? :o >:(
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

66S285

Quote from: 68countrysedan on June 19, 2019, 12:17:59 AM

I was at 16 LeMans where Ford won and talked to the guy who built the latest Ford GT (Larry) and the stuff that goes on behind the scenes is amazing.  The bottom line is that it is very difficult to just tune a car and put your best team out there and assume you will win.  Balance of performance is one factor but politics is huge as well.
66S285

68countrysedan

QuoteI was at 16 LeMans where Ford won and talked to the guy who built the latest Ford GT (Larry) and the stuff that goes on behind the scenes is amazing.  The bottom line is that it is very difficult to just tune a car and put your best team out there and assume you will win.  Balance of performance is one factor but politics is huge as well.

Agreed. My point was that specifications such as fueling time and fuel capacity are easily defined and should be enforced. And I think you're right about the race politics angle.