News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

NOS deck lid and end caps in factory Ford boxes

Started by shelby1817, June 19, 2019, 07:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roddster

And here we are, again, with out answering the original question.  What is the value of the boxed deck lid and end caps?
   My answer is this.  It is whatever somebody will pay that coincides with what ever the owner will sell it for.
Having said that, I've noticed over the late years on Ebay some folks selling used yet original (they say) hoods for a price more than $10,000 (!).  Would I pay that?  Depends on how bad I needed it.  How much I have to spend on it.  How much I'm will to spend on a project.
  So, all I'd say value-wise is set a price high enough to make the owner happy.  And watch out for the low ballers.

tesgt350

Quote from: shelby1817 on June 19, 2019, 11:06:02 AM
roddster  thank you for your input if you look at the pic you will see the car was Zibarted white plastic plug when new and it still rusted

the deck lid is on #273  (steel frame which i am refering to) but yes i also own 1817 (which has fiberglass)

I will never Zibart my Vehicle, My mom had a NEW just off the Ship in Jacksonville 1981 Datsun 280ZX that she had them do that to it.  With in 13 Years, the Rockers, Frame Rails Door Bottoms and Rear Quarter Bottoms were rusted out so bad, I took the Car away from her.  If she got hit, it would have folded like an accordion.

roddster

I don't know.  I had my brand new 77 Volare wagon Ziebarted.  Those were the ones the dealer was getting a $1200 warranty claim paid by Chrysler because the front fenders were rusting through.  Never needed to get them fixed and I live in the Chicago rust belt.
  I do know of a 67 GT350 getting Ziebarted roughly 6 years after it was new (not mine).  I do not know what happened to that car.

shelby1817

Want to sell the NOS Deck lid and end caps but still have no idea as to their value... 

JD

More than twice the repro items...maybe that will get some comments going??
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shelby1817 on September 20, 2019, 01:01:59 PM
Want to sell the NOS Deck lid and end caps but still have no idea as to their value...
I see 10,000.00 used hood prices people are trying to get . That is pie in the sky. it is always possible that some uninformed buyer will pay a outlandish price for something but not probable. People see those prices and unrealistically think their parts are worth the same . Too many times sellers think they are leaving money on the table and let that greed keep them from selling their part IMO.That is course relative to what the seller has invested in the parts.  Put them on ebay in this case with a $99 starting price over 10 days with no reserve to show all that you are serious about selling . They should bid up quickly . You will have a few that will wait until the last minute to bid which is typical. The market will determine the value. Just my opinion. Others may have different. Best of luck whatever you decide.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

68blk500c

Ok, I'll throw out some figures for you to consider:
Almost twenty years ago, I sold a NOS 67 trunk deck (minus box) that had some correctable issues from being stored and hauled around--price then $450;  two years ago I sold a good used one for $750.  Do some research on what (member here) DC-DD has priced similar parts.  Pair of end caps shouldn't be less than $500, in my experience/opinion. 
Good luck; you have good stuff.

1967 eight barrel

Quote from: Bob Gaines on September 20, 2019, 01:58:59 PM
I see 10,000.00 used hood prices people are trying to get . That is pie in the sky. it is always possible that some uninformed buyer will pay a outlandish price for something but not probable. People see those prices and unrealistically think their parts are worth the same . Too many times sellers think they are leaving money on the table and let that greed keep them from selling their part IMO.That is course relative to what the seller has invested in the parts.  Put them on ebay in this case with a $99 starting price over 10 days with no reserve to show all that you are serious about selling . They should bid up quickly . You will have a few that will wait until the last minute to bid which is typical. The market will determine the value. Just my opinion. Others may have different. Best of luck whatever you decide.
Bob must be making reference to Magmustangs and the "60's were good to me asking price"  11,999.00 must be market price in Washington state.
I think this has been offered for two years, anyway.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Shelby-Mustang-GT-350-GT-500-ORIGINAL-SHELBY-Fiberglass-FRONT-HOOD-Non-A-C/162104438650?hash=item25be2d6f7a:g:AqEAAOxy63FS4ZRp

silverton_ford

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on September 20, 2019, 07:15:51 PM
Bob must be making reference to Magmustangs and the "60's were good to me asking price"  11,999.00 must be market price in Washington state.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1967-Shelby-Mustang-GT-350-GT-500-ORIGINAL-SHELBY-Fiberglass-FRONT-HOOD-Non-A-C/162104438650?hash=item25be2d6f7a:g:AqEAAOxy63FS4ZRp

Asking price....    It hasn't sold yet and has been listed for well over a year.   There is a difference between "asking price" and "sold price".

1967 eight barrel

Quote from: silverton_ford on September 20, 2019, 07:26:25 PM
Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on September 20, 2019, 07:15:51 PM

Asking price....    It hasn't sold yet and has been listed for well over a year.   There is a difference between "asking price" and "sold price".

That is the asking price of the deluded. I would expect Pookie to pull this and claim Carroll Shelby himself installed it and it still has his DNA description.
I have bought off and on for years from Andrew at Mags. His Ebay responses and deliberate misleading descriptions puts him on par with Pookie, Freddie.
I find it tragic that it's about gouging and half the time they don't even realize parts are available as quality reproductions.
There are few bolts that AMK doesn't offer. Why would I spend 20.00 for a bolt and still have to worry about refinishing it?
I just don't have time for parts pirates anymore. They are going to make themselves extinct.

-Keith

shelbydoug

There was a discussion in another post about what the inside of the hood should look like. While this one is a little over the top, i.e., extreme, it isn't very far from what they originally looked like.

I would say it would sell for around 5. The trunk lid, I'd say is worth 15 hundred.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!