News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

export brace added stiffeners?

Started by JessC, June 22, 2019, 11:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessC

I'm getting ready to add my export brace to  my car. Question is I see  a weld in support on top where  export brace sits.Is there a plate on the underside to make mounting like a sandwich  style stiffening ?
Thanks
Jess

Bob Gaines

Quote from: JessC on June 22, 2019, 11:13:26 AM
I'm getting ready to add my export brace to  my car. Question is I see  a weld in support on top where  export brace sits.Is there a plate on the underside to make mounting like a sandwich  style stiffening ?
Thanks
Jess
I think you need to post a picture of what you are seeing. It maybe something that someone else (not Shelby) has added. The reason is because a 67 Shelby does not have a welded in support on the cowl for the export brace. 65/66 had a welded in extra support but not 67/68.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

JessC

did they have any kind of extra support on the cowl area?

Bob Gaines

Quote from: JessC on June 22, 2019, 11:48:33 AM
did they have any kind of extra support on the cowl area?
No extra support in the cowl area on a 67 Shelby. They are the same as any regular Mustang off of the line in the cowl area.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

1967 eight barrel

No secondary bracket like the earlier vehicles. Don't let NPD's catalog fool you either.

-Keith