News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Shelby Buildings -Carter Ave.- 04/2022 1 NEW Pic - GT350 Production

Started by Szabo, June 19, 2019, 04:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have never seen those 2 into 1 cast manifolds before. I just assumed all Cobras had headers.

Side-Oilers

Szabo:  Please don't be discouraged! We love this kind of stuff.

I spent most of yesterday looking for the photos of my visit to the Princeton building in 2010 or 2011.  But no luck so far. I will be sure to post when I find them!

Thanks for all of your efforts on Shelby American photographic archaeology!
Van
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

KR500

Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

Richstang

Stephan 'Szabo'

I believe there are many people who are enjoying all your posts, even some who do not posts replies. Don't forget this is the time of year when many people are out enjoying the summer. This weekend we had particularly beautiful weather here in the northeastern US. Also some people just enjoy posts like this and don't have much to contribute when such a terrific effort is done.

Thanks for the reply on the photo of the Cobra in front of the Carter building. Maybe you have a larger monitor to view and save that photo in a larger size. My saved photo does not show those glass doors nearly as well. I really expected 3219 would have "Shelby Enterprises Inc." as seen on the Support vehicle F-series pick-up truck in the attached Dave Friedman photo.

Maybe you can start a new separate thread for the LAX airport hangers facility. I'm sure you know when the old forum crashed we lost Kieth's 'SFM66H' thread with so many of those great "George Watters" photos. Those won't be easy sketches to create for the inside of those two hangers. We will need more help to sort that out.

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Richstang

Quote from: Side-Oilers on June 23, 2019, 04:14:05 PM
Szabo:  Please don't be discouraged! We love this kind of stuff.

I spent most of yesterday looking for the photos of my visit to the Princeton building in 2010 or 2011.  But no luck so far. I will be sure to post when I find them!

Thanks for all of your efforts on Shelby American photographic archaeology!
Van

Hey Van,

Please keep digging. I don't think I've ever seen photos of the entrance or the stairs going up to the second floor offices of Princeton Drive. I know Dave Friedman had a few office pictures mixed in the photo collection, but I have no idea which building all of them were in or where they were. Only a few of them are obvious as the Carter Building (when we see the bricks and front windows.) Maybe some others who were their on the tour can chime in here with photos or more details.

JD

Quote from: 2112 on June 23, 2019, 04:13:03 PM
I have never seen those 2 into 1 cast manifolds before. I just assumed all Cobras had headers.

I thought those were on stock early cars, others will know better.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

Szabo

Thank for your support and your very kindly words to never give up ...

I was a little bit stressed and have some headage from all this photos and Infos.

For me it is the most importend to get some 100% True Arguments and Pics and to analyse
them in my most best way i can do this. A very Hard way now a days where every one
can say everything in the WWW.

So i spend nearly a Week to find pics, make thougts, bring them to paper and think again ...

But it seems like we are doing this all together, when i read the George Watters Collection
Thread from SFM66H / Kieth or the Shelby Vehicels Thread from Richstang
and of course i dont answer every thread i read ...

But enough at these thougts ...  Best way to come down a little bit ist getting out on fresh air
;D ;D ;D

And so i take a little outside tour of Carter Building  8)

First and most important Pic for me is from Richstang, such a drawing is wonderfull to
see how it all stands together and to arrange the pics correctly. Thanks for your PIC and Work

Second Pics with the Remarks is also from Richstang and was for me my the oppotunity
to make the inside thing on the backside (where i ever thougt it was the frontside  :o)

Then we are going on with one of my favourite Pic, colorfull and sharp ...
(Notice this Strange Bus on the Property, we will see it later on this thread)

After the overview of the backside i would like beginning with the parking lot,
First i thougt about 1 or 2 two rows for the employees,
but the hole space between the Carter Building and Thatcher Ave Building is
one Parking Lot, we came back for some interessing Pics from the Parking Lot.

There were almost 3 parking areas with 2 rows in every Lot ...

Even two heavy Trucks can bring new GT350 to Carter Ave ...
notice the Standpoint on the parking lot right between the brick wall and the wood wall  ;)

.... on of my thoughts at this pics, when you have Shelby American right behind
your House there are always a lot of motion and noises  ;D

One of the Pics that cost´s me a lot of time to discover where it is happend,
it´s one of the mostly known pics for Carroll Shelby and his Cobras

i notice the 3 Windows and on right Side the Garage, so first i thought about the Backside of the
Princeton Drive Building , but this was wrong, you will wait a little bit more, but the Princeton Building
never had a garage on the Backside.

Then i thougt about Carter Building with the single Garage on the right side, we are clearly now there is one
from the Pics above ...

But nope, there are only 2 Window Frames between the Backside Garage´s
and third argument why not Carter or Princeton, there is a wood wall on the right Corner ...
so i think about it and find out that the Building in the backround is the next one coming
from Thachter Ave....

Such Details drives me crazy, because i want it correctly for us all ...
Okay is it not so a Surprise like finding the Daytona Coupe in a Backyard but
for me it is important.

Next Post i will do some closer View of the nearly Outside from the Building which much more
Cars and Details...

Szabo

Quote from: Richstang on June 23, 2019, 06:55:46 PM
Stephan 'Szabo'

I believe there are many people who are enjoying all your posts, even some who do not posts replies. Don't forget this is the time of year when many people are out enjoying the summer. This weekend we had particularly beautiful weather here in the northeastern US. Also some people just enjoy posts like this and don't have much to contribute when such a terrific effort is done.

Thanks for the reply on the photo of the Cobra in front of the Carter building. Maybe you have a larger monitor to view and save that photo in a larger size. My saved photo does not show those glass doors nearly as well. I really expected 3219 would have "Shelby Enterprises Inc." as seen on the Support vehicle F-series pick-up truck in the attached Dave Friedman photo.

Maybe you can start a new separate thread for the LAX airport hangers facility. I'm sure you know when the old forum crashed we lost Kieth's 'SFM66H' thread with so many of those great "George Watters" photos. Those won't be easy sketches to create for the inside of those two hangers. We will need more help to sort that out.

Thank you very much Richstang, you are absolutly right in bringing some time outside, maybe driving a Shelby and just have some fun...

i would also love to see some Shelby Enterprise Pics and some of this stuff, but i never understand when there is
Shelby Enterprise or Shelby American or Shelby Goodyear ... but at the end, i am interesting in all of this Shelby stuff...

for more Scratch Building from Inside and Outside of Shelby Building ...

i am working hard on Princeton Drive and are almost done with the working area,
but i waiting hopefully for some Pics of Side-Oilers / Van for the Office Area and Entrance to Building

and LAX should be coming too, but for sure it is my Masterpiece and i needed some help and a lot of
Photos too  ;D ... but i have something found for Inside drawing and with this i seem a little bit easier ...

i tryed a time befor to make this Hangars in 1,64 Scale for Modelcars, but this way toooooooo biiiiiig for my Men Cave.
But i have made some Measurements and this will help beginning ...

Richstang

Quote from: Szabo on June 24, 2019, 03:05:49 PM

One of the Pics that cost´s me a lot of time to discover where it is happend,
it´s one of the mostly known pics for Carroll Shelby and his Cobras
[/b]
i notice the 3 Windows and on right Side the Garage, so first i thought about the Backside of the
Princeton Drive Building , but this was wrong, you will wait a little bit more, but the Princeton Building
never had a garage on the Backside.

Then i thougt about Carter Building with the single Garage on the right side, we are clearly now there is one
from the Pics above ...

But nope, there are only 2 Window Frames between the Backside Garage´s
and third argument why not Carter or Princeton, there is a wood wall on the right Corner ...
so i think about it and find out that the Building in the backround is the next one coming
from Thachter Ave....

Such Details drives me crazy, because i want it correctly for us all ...
Okay is it not so a Surprise like finding the Daytona Coupe in a Backyard but
for me it is important.

Yes, this is the building directly behind the Carter Ave building and practically sharing the same parking lot.
A few photos show the pavement is a slightly lighter color. (I've attached one of those photos below.)

We might as well call it the 'Thatcher Building' as we don't know what street address it was given at the time.
The empty dirt lot in between it and Princeton Drive appears to have a realtor 'for sale' sign on it. Also, we don't see any driveway entrances from Princeton.
Perhaps it did have a Thatcher Ave address like the Carter Ave building on the other side.

I also think the Carter Avenue building would be a very noisy building to live next to, but how cool would it have been to peek over the wall!

Side-Oilers

Thanks for the additional photos and info, guys.   I'm still looking for my Princeton pix.

I wonder if the Jaguar XKE's flip-up bonnet had an influence on the flip-top Cobra's front end?  Note the dark grey XKE to the far right of the photo with the flip-top.

Also notice in the parking lot shot, a '64 Barracuda and '63 or '64 Sting Ray. 

In the shot of the back of the cars on the transport trucks at Carter Ave, what's that on the ground? Clumps of mud?  And what dripped onto the trunklid of the car on the right-hand transport?  Looks more like oil drips than mud.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

Side-Oilers

Current:

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

Side-Oilers

Mud on the trunklid (circled) or??

Why would the top car on the left transport not have a rear window?  Broken in transit?  Future R-Model?
Current:

Previous:
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1957 T-Bird E-model

rhjanes

Quote from: Side-Oilers on June 24, 2019, 07:34:43 PM
Mud on the trunklid (circled) or??

Why would the top car on the left transport not have a rear window?  Broken in transit?  Future R-Model?
Some random thoughts.
Scroll up to where you see the photo of both transporters from the side and notice that almost all the cars on the left transporter, are lacking back glass, lacking rear air extractors, and bumpers.  While the one's on the transporter to the right, seem to have back glass, bumpers and the extractors.  Perhaps the one's on the left became R's? 
From reading about the ordering process for the 65/66's, things also evolved as the cars at SI evolved but also they learned more about what could and couldn't be done at the Ford plant.  More done at Fords line = faster out the door at SA.
Pirating!  Corporate take-over without the paperwork

Richstang

Quote from: Side-Oilers on June 24, 2019, 07:33:15 PM
Barracuda (with single over-the-top stripe?) and Sting Ray.

Maybe a '65 Formula S Barracuda since it was November '64. Don't know if the stripe was an option in '64.

Hard to see what year the Corvette was. Lot of interesting cars in the parking lot and on Princeton Drive.

Maybe the Jag is a coincidence, maybe not.

69mach351w

Man, I'd hate the ramps to be just the least bit damp and lose traction :o

That'd be a wild ride backwards!!!