News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Shelby Buildings -Carter Ave.- 04/2022 1 NEW Pic - GT350 Production

Started by Szabo, June 19, 2019, 04:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richstang

Floor protectors (cardboard or paper?) and plastic seat covers!  That's not something I've ever noticed before.
:o

Thanks again for sharing these photos.
:)
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

J_Speegle

Quote from: Richstang on August 25, 2019, 06:31:12 PM
Floor protectors (cardboard or paper?) and plastic seat covers!  That's not something I've ever noticed before.

Shelby needed something (though not complete or heavy duty) to at least minimize possible additional work and at least dirt/grease.

Unfortunately the sill plates were left exposed
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Side-Oilers

Quote from: Szabo on August 02, 2019, 03:30:48 PM
Hello again...

i still do research on all sites, discover magazines and looking for the little breadcrumbs

on an old Car Life Special Edition Magazine i found a pic i never saw befor ...

Unfortuenally no exact Date was on the Cover ... only Copyright on 1965 was standing ...
so i must do some other research and for sure when the Special Editon is from Car Life so maybe do some
advertisment in his own monthly magazine...

i found several Advertisment for the Special Edition, the earlist was described to found the Special Edition
on 18. May 1965 ...

so the Pic was surley made befor ...

but lets have a look on the Pic ...

i found this very interessting ...

when i looked at this upper pic i am suggesting this one on the backside Carter Ave. Parking lot ...
you can see this Parking Edge bricks on the ground ...
the hole Place is a little bit hectic organised

on the foreground i think there are 2 GT350 R, maybe the first one every made ... the back panels are have this
enlarged darker aera which we all now from 5R001 and 5R002 ...

and on the backside we see the hole lot full of GT350 ... i think this should be the first produced in Carter Ave.
and i think are about 30 - 40 GT350´s

What you think about this ?
Do you agree with me or have opposite thoughts ...

Let me just know ...

Steve: I have that magazine...somewhere. I'll do some digging and see if I can locate it.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Szabo

Sometimes you only find 1 new Pic but every little Breadcrumbs show
a little bit more of the full story ...

Always a Question for Carter Building was the Frontside and what where
after the third door to 3217 ...

I have this 2 Pics befor ...

"The Mistaken one" shows the hole front and you see that after the third door
only a few Palm canvers shown then it comes to a brick Wall

"The Dragonsnake" stands right after 3217 and shows another window and some different brick wall

Right between there comes the New Pic from Peter Brock sign some skeetches on a table
right befor the Frontside in the Parking Lot
no hiding, prototyp thing nowadays :-D

we have a very good look on the textur and structur of the Building and the window
and to the wall comes at the right ...

My Thoughts are that after 3217 there was the "Design"Buero for Peter Brock,
no proofed detail but i suggest so.

Not very sensationell, but a little breadcrumb in this hole puzzle.

Greets from Germany

Steve

Richstang

Stephan,

Excellent photo find!
This is the first photo I've seen on that right side of the building next to the entrance door for 3217 Carter Ave.
I do believe the third door was part of Shelby American Inc. We just don't know exactly what that office was used for.
Maybe it was the design studio or Pete Brock's "Special Projects" office.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Szabo

Quote from: Szabo on August 02, 2019, 03:30:48 PM
Hello again...

i still do research on all sites, discover magazines and looking for the little breadcrumbs

Hello again,

i found another little Pic on the 10.000 Mile Test from 5S007 in Sport Car Graphic, printed June 1965

we can see another outside Production Pic from early Shelby GT350 Production on Carter Avenue

it fit very good to the one befor ...

in the backround we can see the Plastiglide Building (left) and Princeton Drive 1042 (right)

Szabo

i searched the Peterson Archiv and found very nice and interessting Pics from
production of the first Shelbys inside the Carter Building

because the Reporter looks similar in every pic showed and the numbers from Peterson
are chronologically given i think the pics was made all on one shoot ...

The Pics later was used to for different articels but the Reporter ( i think it is John Christy ??? )
edith: it was LeRoi "Tex" Smith
has nearly every Shelby Part in the Hand and photographed

let´s start with some pics which are well known

the Parts that are used

Three 2-V Induction Cobra Kit ???

even a Competion Model was made ( 5001 or 5002)

and one was finished for a little Sit in ...

mygt350

Guess I always thought side pipe extended out bit more than the example in the pic with guy installing 5 spokes.. Looks like pipe may be cut at a slight angle?
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

68countrysedan

The orignal Petersen contact sheets would have had the photographer's name written on the back. IDK if that information was connected to the digital images. As for the editor type holding the parts it sure looks like LeRoi "Tex" Smith, who was a Hot Rod feature editor during that time.

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

JD

'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

J_Speegle

Quote from: JD on December 12, 2020, 07:35:26 PM
...also, what are these two units?

Orange upper right unit would be the remote reservoir for the power steering used on early 65 and 64 1/2 Mustangs with that option

Looks like it was a very loaded up Mustang they were using. Has power brakes as well as the AC and PS

Other box may be a control box for sensors and such for testing and recording information. Seen similar on other Ford test vehicles
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

CharlesTurner

Couple observations from the first parts pic...

Gray color header gaskets
White carb base gaskets
Light color rocker cover gaskets, look like regular cork.

Also, looks like a label on the long battery cable near the attachment at the solenoid.  Anyone seen one before and know what was on it?
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

J_Speegle

Quote from: CharlesTurner on December 13, 2020, 01:41:04 AM
Also, looks like a label on the long battery cable near the attachment at the solenoid.  Anyone seen one before and know what was on it?

Don't see it again in the engine compartment pictures. Challenge is knowing what cars are in the pictures and when this was all going on so one could apply the details to the original set or individual car(s)

Yes noticed the gaskets in that one picture also guessing very early cars maybe before they got all the supply lines/provider groups up and established

Coralsnake

What kind of car are you guys thinking that is?

The color of the fender looks awful dark to be a GT350?