News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

1965 GT350... 36 more?

Started by CSX 4133, February 14, 2018, 06:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6s1640

"Demand has far outpaced supply for the 36 original 1965 Shelby GT350s, with pristine examples bringing more than $400,000."

I think they need to check their auction selling prices a little closer. This price is closer to a non-R- model 65 GT350.  Aren't R-models closer to 7 figures?

Cory

Richstang

Yes and Yes...

Hard to believe they are making them out of K-code Mustangs. That could drive up those prices a bit.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Bigfoot

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Totally love the wheels, tires and IRS on the white car.

Not sure I see the upside of starting out with a K code tho.

Shelby_r_b

And, although it's being fashioned by some of the original Venice crew, $250K is still a LOT of scratch.  These have been advertised for a while, and it looks like it's been slow going, even with a limited production. 

Just for fun, I called one of the numbers to find out more information on the cars (this was before the holidays)...and Jim Marietta answered the phone!  It was his cell number!  I have to say that I was a little bit star-struck.  However, Jim and I talked for the better part of 40 minutes about the cars, the process of obtaining one, etc.

If I had $250K sitting around with no where better to go, I would be all in!
Nothing beats a classic!

Don Johnston

I would expect to see a couple for show at SAAC Sonoma.

sfm5s081

I love the 65 GT350 and own #81. These cars are modern day classics that are super fun to drive and super collectible. I also love K code Mustangs as they can be had for $15,000 - $75,000- a tremendous savings. While all GT350s were born as K codes and then transformed, there were still a finite number. Much like the Cobras, the demand continues to grow and hence the replica and or tribute market has emerged. With the passing of Mr. Shelby, there is no wonder that there will be many new creations brought to market. Build all the GT350/ GT350R models you want, but call them something else.

Greg

That does look like a sweet ride but I think the price tag is a little steep.  They should use standard mustangs and outfit them to be the OVC creation IMHO. 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1