News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

correct finishing

Started by johnzajc@gmail.com, June 25, 2019, 11:24:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnzajc@gmail.com

Hi---reading Randys blog on correctness nobody could put it any better in prospective---what is need to have and nice to have. Guys like him and the rest of restorers have and will forget more than most of us will ever know. Unless we can somehow convinced them to put their knowledge in prospective future cars will look more like ornaments than actual cars. I would like your opinion on t persuade them to jointly put together manual on how they remember and know what those cars should look like. I listen to Mr. Perkings , Speegle, Gains------list goes on, those are walking encyclopedias. we need to harvest that. I am personally willing to some degree help underwrite that venture, for instance pay for and pre order 100 copies. your opinion.Have to run, we have major forest fire just outside of town---CHEERS

CharlesTurner

This type of information would be best served in a living document format.  Any type of printed matter will end up with errors or incomplete.  It can become unmanageable and do more harm than good (i.e. folks using older versions to detail their cars when new information is discovered).

Have thought that something like an online Wiki format or similar would work best to get input from many sources.  When you think about it, these forums actually serve a similar purpose.  While it was a shame the old forum data was lost, there is already tons of useful information that can be searched.  Not just the forum, but the concoursmustang forum also (for example).
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge