News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Craigslist Ad for Shelby parts

Started by 69mach351w, June 26, 2019, 07:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessC

Ok  here is the deal I sent a reply to the Add and here is
What I asked

Hi,

Is there any drive line parts with car? are frount frame rails in tact? most of all does this car HAVE A TITLE?  is there a Shelby Id tag under the hood? photo's would be welcome.

Thank you,

Jeff

His reply:
Do have some some old documents for collecting only.  The tag was used on another car that was sold overseas.  It was made as a ealenor car so all these original shelby parts was not needed . The guy that did the ealenor was the guy before me in GA. Lots of original stuff here.

Hence,not an "automobile " in the conventional sense... ::)

stangman39

If I'm following correctly....it also means there is an Eleanor overseas with an original Shelby tag on it!!??

JessC

Sfm6sxxx

Quote from: JessC on June 27, 2019, 09:40:57 PM
Ok  here is the deal I sent a reply to the Add and here is
What I asked

Hi,

Is there any drive line parts with car? are frount frame rails in tact? most of all does this car HAVE A TITLE?  is there a Shelby Id tag under the hood? photo's would be welcome.

Thank you,

Jeff

His reply:
Do have some some old documents for collecting only.  The tag was used on another car that was sold overseas.  It was made as a ealenor car so all these original shelby parts was not needed . The guy that did the ealenor was the guy before me in GA. Lots of original stuff here.

It's always that "other guy" that does all the bad stuff.....

6S1114

billmunny

So if the seller is right, an "Eleanor" car was made sporting the original Shelby tag; but wouldn't this car from the ad have the numbers on the fender aprons that would warrant a new Shelby tag/new title?

OldMil

Numbers on inner fenders were transferred along with all tags to another car.  No numbers on this shell at all.

Richstang

Surely he wasn't behind any of that...then again how would he now the story behind them getting transferred to an Eleanor car and also it getting shipped overseas.
::)
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

OldMil

Transferred to an Eleanor overseas sounds a lot better than "re-bodied and running around in the States with several titles floating around"

stangman39

This CL ad was posted on the Facebook VMF page.  It's funny how many think just because the original VIN may be known that the car can be "resurrected!"

SFM5S159

I had some interest in a couple of parts, but never received a reply.  Probably better off anyway.

Mike
'65 GT350, '67 GT500, '65 289 Cobra

6s1640

Can someone save and post some images on this thread before the CL ad disappears.  The ad will disappear and the record will be lost if not recorded here.  I am unable to do from work.

Thanks

Cory

OldMil

OldMil

Here for sale is a 1967 shelby GT500 for parts, the car was very rough when i purchased it. although i did start restoring it once upon a time it was set back and very little done from time to time. Now its time to sell what i have left. everything is 100 % original shelby parts right down to the gauges. This car was last on the road in 1986 according to the sticker on the windsheild, it was parked sometime after. These parts would be perfect for some one who is restoring a real shelby. it is best to text me as i am very busy all the time. i will return your text or call you. thanks 828-284-1900
parts list:
front disc brake set up with calipers and coil springs $500
rear 9" housing $500
dash set up with inst pnl 140/8k & clock and under dash Sw gauge pod $2500
rear glass and windshield $450
interior panels w trap door 12 pieces total $1000
interior vent boxes with drain hoses $150
2 very good deluxe doors with grilles and glass & all hardware $1250
2 excellent shelby fenders with shelby headlight brackets , glass beaded $1250
4 shelby side scoops, all original @ $500 each (will not seperate 2 top 2 bottom) $2000
trunk lid original fiber glass in very good condition $1500
2 quarter end caps original fiberglass $250 ea (will not seperate ) $500
rear taillight panel original fiberglass W/taillights and S7MS taillight frames $1700
hood original never painted or modified or cracked. excellent steel framed orig $5000
front nose panel fiberglass excellent never modified all orig $3000
front original outboard grille $500
body / roof structure with new one piece floor panel $3200

all totaling $25000 in parts and do your research and see it is the going prices. i am open to offers if buying as a package deal and will include some old documentation showing this is a real shelby body selling for parts. the documentation includes copies of the old title a old registration, a report and the vin tag but is for amusement collector pieces only and is to be used as proof that these are real shelby parts and pieces being sold.