Author Topic: Restoration Garage episode with a '67 GT350  (Read 4962 times)

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
Re: Restoration Garage episode with a '67 GT350
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 06:50:45 PM »
It must be an exceptionally clean car to win at concours events. They are such a different crowd of people compared to a single mark event.

Yes they are different and can be a real challenge to understand how winners (Concours d'Elegance) are chosen some times.

Attended one back maybe two years ago with a car I helped with. Talked to one of the two judges after the event about the car and his comment was that since the Shelby was a mass produced car it really would not have been considered for a top trophy in its class.

Had to scratch my head since a Doge Dart and a  were two of the top three cars in the class.   Guess the judges didn't like Fords or maybe too many of them had won in the past years.

Ahh the fun of shows  :) 
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 06:52:42 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Irishroamer

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 11:44:56 PM »
Just my 2 cents regarding original owners.....I purchased #1382, GT-350, in November, 1967 from Reynolds Ford in Syracuse, NY and still own it today with 48,000 miles on the odometer.  Currently in final stages of a restoration to deal with the problems of being stored for 40 years.

jim mac

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2018, 11:55:36 AM »
I just saw #1412 at the Amelia Island concours this year (2018). Also talked to the owner for a while.  Nice guy, nice car. Some repro stuff and day 2 stuff on the car, but hey, it looks great and he is having a great time with it. Nothing wrong with that.

Jim
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 12:00:39 PM by jim mac »
"If things seem under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

jim mac

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2018, 11:59:41 AM »
Just my 2 cents regarding original owners.....I purchased #1382, GT-350, in November, 1967 from Reynolds Ford in Syracuse, NY and still own it today with 48,000 miles on the odometer.  Currently in final stages of a restoration to deal with the problems of being stored for 40 years.

You still in the Syracuse area? 
"If things seem under control, you're just not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti