Author Topic: Woodward Dream Cruise  (Read 2875 times)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
Woodward Dream Cruise
« on: June 28, 2019, 08:31:39 AM »
Debating about making the trip to the Dream Cruise again this year, any other Shelby/Mustang/Ford events happening that week ?
Anyone else’s going to be there?
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

427Larry

• View Profile
Re: Woodward Dream Cruise
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2019, 12:28:49 PM »
Yes, we will be there, go every year. Rousch open house I think is Thursday evening/night. Saturday is the Ford car show in downtown Ferndale, put on by Ford, and there are more, just do some more checking. It's a great time!, as you know.

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 08:19:35 PM »
Where is the Rusch open house? Already signed up for Mustang Alley
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 11:16:46 AM »
Any survival tips for entering and leaving Mustang Alley? Plan on getting early and leaving about 11:00-12:00. Is it possible to do that? I have a 1:00pm commitment at 13 Mile and Woodward, plus we are planning on leaving for home around 3:00-4:00 as it’s a pretty long drive (12 hours)

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 10:23:33 PM »
Saw a couple of what appeared to be survival cars cars running up and down Woodward today. Will be checking out Mustang Alley tomorrow
Will try to remember to take pictures tomorrow

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 06:21:12 PM »
Went to Mustang Alley on Saturday, saw a lot of late model Shelby's but very few early ones. Don't people bring them out anymore?

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2019, 09:01:51 PM »
Glad you do and I'm sure many others are please that you do too.
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 02:47:24 PM »
  I have noticed this too in MCA publications.  An overwelming amount of late model Mustangs and Shelbys.  Even the Fox bosies are dropping off, count wise.

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2019, 02:57:04 PM »
This was posted on Hagerty's website about Mustang Alley

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/08/19/woodward-mustang-alley-2019

The quote of the day;
"Perhaps the star of that gathering was a spotless olive green 1967 GT350, getting more attention from spectators than more modern, uber-horsepower Shelbys."
I believe that was #1300.

There was a black '67 GT500 in their group of photos with a scary looking front drop.
Makes me wonder if it was real. I don't recognize the car, so I don't have an ID#

Sorry Steve, they didn't have any pics of your '66.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2019, 03:11:58 PM »
I saw both of those cars they were down by the Team Shelby Trailer. The whole Mustang Alley experience was great. On 9 Mile I saw a basic 1967 coupe, Light  green, 289 2v Auto, with A/C , almost all original including paint that the guy bought brand new, fantastic time capsule. They set me up in the “Mach I” lot? It was on the south side of 9 Mile right across from the big Ford trailer. I was right next to the only Fox Bodied Capri, signs said it was one of two preproduction cars.
We never made it across the street to the other side of Woodward
Would I do it again? Certainly, now that we know when and where to go, seeing all the different Mustangs and knowing that the new ones certainly wouldn’t have been there without the old ones was great. Even saw a really neat Mustang II with a checkered orange interior that screamed “look at me, I’m the 70’s”
Just wished they would have had more early cars