News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

5S010 (with Thunderbird Taillights / Bill Strope ) see on LAX = 66 Prototype

Started by Szabo, June 30, 2019, 04:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Szabo

Hello,

i am doing some Resarch on LAX Events and see this Shelby GT350 with a strange Rear End,
definitly not the standard 66 Shelby / Mustang Rearend...

Look very much after 5 S 010...

i also found this nice articel whick explains mostly of the Car...
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/classic-cars/the-tenth-shelby-gt-350-built-was-an-advanced-prototype/ar-BBGpEgj

But does anybody have some more Infos about the Date / Time Code when 010 was on SAI
could it be possibly that this Stang is shown as 66 Prototyp,

Greets Steve

CharlesTurner

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

tesgt350

Side-Oilers

That photo of CS addressing the small group of guys wearing suits might have been a group of dealers, or Ford personnel.

I doubt it was car writers, even though many writers of that era did wear suits to press events, their age would've typically been younger than the group of "old men" shown here.

That said, I think it makes sense that all of the presentations took place within a 2-3 day window. Typically car writers are last, since they tend to break things.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Side-Oilers

A side bit of trivia:  Across Imperial Blvd from S-A was the Imperial Bowl. (I remember it, as a kid.) 

I wonder how many S-A employees relaxed there with a beer and a game after work?

That location today is the Embassy Suites.
Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Richstang

Quote from: Side-Oilers on July 01, 2019, 12:40:49 PM
That photo of CS addressing the small group of guys wearing suits might have been a group of dealers, or Ford personnel.

I doubt it was car writers, even though many writers of that era did wear suits to press events, their age would've typically been younger than the group of "old men" shown here.

That said, I think it makes sense that all of the presentations took place within a 2-3 day window. Typically car writers are last, since they tend to break things.

Thanks for your added insight. The Open house did occur over 3 days.

The 'Employee Family' day was June 6th (Sunday)...likely a practice run for all of Shelby's presenters before HFII arrived.
The 'Ford Representatives / Executives' day was June 7th (Monday).
The last day was the "Press' day on June 8th (Tuesday). Great point that the Press would be last as they were known for breaking things...Ha!.
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Szabo

Sorry for struggeling Headlight with Taillights

i changed that...

i have no 66 Shelby Register, its very hard to found something like this in Germany ...

I just thinked that 5S010 is shown as 66 Prototyp on that Meeting Pic, the car at the right side of the pic ???

CharlesTurner

Quote from: Szabo on July 01, 2019, 09:57:32 PM
i have no 66 Shelby Register, its very hard to found something like this in Germany ...

65 registry available for ordering here:

https://saacstuff.com/
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge