Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 17343 times)

Bossbill

• SAAC Member
  • In the middle of Puget Sound
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2018, 04:46:45 PM »
One thread for all topics of a specific nature or item.

We don't need 20 or 30 threads all asking about yellow top coils, their markings, and so on.
If the thread detail is specific to certain years (carbs or intakes, for instance) then there would be one thread for each year.

New threads on the same topic should be merged into existing threads.

I'd rather wade through 20 pages of one thread than 20 different threads with duplicate data regurgitated ... again and again and again.

Something like that take dedication from the Mods. Policing every post and moving or merging is time consuming. Any volunteers, Bossbill? You up to it?

I will gladly help out given the chance, count me in.

I know Jeff and Charles(+ others??) do a great job on CMF.

Chris

This is a two part task. The users have to be made aware of the policy and know that it will be enforced. As well, a thread (or series of threads, one for each major model) needs to be created where users can advise the mods of duplicate threads and offer up suggestions as to placement.
"Will the mods please combine threads 'Coil colors' (postid xxxxx) with 'What spray paint can I use to paint my coil?' (post xxxx1)?"

On the enforcement end, I'm good with helping out. One shouldn't complain unless one wishes to be part of the solution.
Bill

67 GT350 Actual Build 3/2/67  01375
70 B302   6/6/70  0T02G160xxx

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 09:35:25 AM »
Will we eventually be able to have a Reference Photo section like before?  It would help if it were set up by year/s, then sub-topics like: drivetrain, suspension, interior, exterior, etc.
5S071, 6S1467

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 09:53:24 AM »

This is a two part task. The users have to be made aware of the policy and know that it will be enforced. As well, a thread (or series of threads, one for each major model) needs to be created where users can advise the mods of duplicate threads and offer up suggestions as to placement.
"Will the mods please combine threads 'Coil colors' (postid xxxxx) with 'What spray paint can I use to paint my coil?' (post xxxx1)?"

On the enforcement end, I'm good with helping out. One shouldn't complain unless one wishes to be part of the solution.

On concoursmustang.com, Jeff does most of the moving/sorting and will leave a link where the original topic was posted.  This is done to make finding previously posted topics easier.  It's too much to ask for someone to go back and search for something like 'coil colors' and then combine all previous posts into one.  It would be an all day job to keep it to that level.

I'm not aware of much of that having happened here in the past, mostly just moving for sale or wanted items to the correct sub-forum.

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 10:57:46 AM »

I think we could add back the SAAC 33 -SAAC 40ish area to post year appropriate photos of the conventions.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Richstang

• View Profile
    • 1967 Shelby Research Group
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 11:22:36 AM »

I think we could add back the SAAC 33 -SAAC 40ish area to post year appropriate photos of the conventions.

Yes please, what Biggie said!
I'll help by posting some of those photos back to those threads. Maybe others will even add some new ones...
1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

computerworks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 11:36:31 AM »

That's next on the list....

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 04:47:27 PM »
Great
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

98SVT - was 06GT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 07:48:39 PM »
Will we eventually be able to have a Reference Photo section like before?  It would help if it were set up by year/s, then sub-topics like: drivetrain, suspension, interior, exterior, etc.
That might be as easy as adding a sticky at the beginning of each years forum for detail/concours photos ONLY
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2018, 01:04:15 AM »
That might be as easy as adding a sticky at the beginning of each years forum for detail/concours photos ONLY

The challenge may be the oversight of that sort of a section since not all pictures that are offered may in fact be up to the current levels or after a year or more no longer be. Something that also goes along with this is someone posting a picture of a detail but the picture includes (for example) multiple details not correct of original.  Some other site just have a reference library but offer a warning that not all details, pictures and cars continued within are original, correct or should be copied if .....

Another byproduct is the production of cookie - cutter cars rather than ones that reflect the range and scope covered when observing a group of these cars.

Just thinking out loud before its anyone specific car or picture
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge