News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Fan Shroud

Started by shlb69, July 01, 2019, 06:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shlb69

what does a c8ze 8146 c shroud go to. It is a lot rougher texture then the nos ones I have and think this is a assembly line shroud.

Bob Gaines

Quote from: shlb69 on July 01, 2019, 06:47:31 PM
what does a c8ze 8146 c shroud go to. It is a lot rougher texture then the nos ones I have and think this is a assembly line shroud.
C8ZE-C marked one is the service shroud .  C8ZE-A marked one is the assemblyline shroud.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

shlb69

68blk500c

There are some experienced folks that think the C suffix with the texture was a factory shroud, but sometime late in 68 and continuing in 69.  So, how about some discussion on this?

JohnB

Quote from: shlb69 on July 01, 2019, 06:47:31 PM

https://www.428cobrajet.org/id-shroud

TLea

First of all there are different versions of the C shroud. There was a C shroud that in my opinion one on assembly-line cars starting somewhere in mid to late spring of 69

68blk500c

How many versions of the C suffix have you seen?  Also, what is the progression of those versions?

TLea

3   The cj website describes all 3   I only know of first version being used assembly line. Some believe version 2 was used on 70s but I can't confirm or deny. It was also used as service. Maybe Ed can chime in. Version 3 (all plastic) is clearly all service

shlb69

Bringing a early c version to saac.  With Formoco on it

shlb69

It matches the original one on my maroon 69 Gt500