News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Spotted a Hertz car in a movie

Started by Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas, July 03, 2019, 07:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

It was our Anniversary and the wife said she wanted to snuggle and watch a movie, but no cars, space stuff or killings. That sort of limited choices, so I decided on "Love Story" because Ali MacGraw was in it , and she was at one time Mrs. Steve McQueen. Imagine my surprise when the wife's yells out "rewind it, I saw a Shelby". Sure enough it's the scene where Ali Mac Graw has locked herself out of the house and there's a Black/Gold Hertz car parked in front of the place they are renting. I think it's at about 51 minutes into the film.
So the movie wasn't about cars, but after 41 years of putting up with me the wife knows how to look for a Shelby, she also does a damn fine job of detailing and waxing the car at shows, I'll think she's a keeper  ;D
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Side-Oilers

Current:
2006 FGT, Tungsten. Whipple, HRE 20s, Ohlin coil-overs. Top Speed Certified 210.7 mph.

Kirkham Cobra 427.  482-inch aluminum side-oiler. Tremec 5-spd.

Previous:
1968 GT500KR #2575 (1982-2022)
1970 Ranchero GT 429
1969 LTD Country Squire 429
1963 T-Bird Sport Roadster
1957 T-Bird E-model

Richstang

1967 Shelby Research Group 

www.1967ShelbyResearch.com
www.facebook.com/groups/1967shelbyresearch

1991-1993 SAAC MKI, MKII, & Snake Registrar

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

That's it. Now I can see the great detectives we have decipher the VIN based upon the picture. I know for sure it's not mine
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

shelbydoug

OK, it's a Hertz car but what kind of bicycle is that? :o

Don Wells had the Grand Prix car that Garner drove in the movie. I wonder if he knew that when he owned it?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

mark p

Quote from: Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas on July 03, 2019, 07:00:46 PM
... but after 41 years of putting up with me the wife knows how to look for a Shelby, she also does a damn fine job of detailing and waxing the car at shows, I'll think she's a keeper  ;D

Wow!
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

6s1640

Can someone save the images from the link in reply No. 2 on this SAAC thread?  That link could disappear and we would lose the image.

I cannot do from work.

Thanks

Cory

69mach351w

Quote from: shelbydoug on July 08, 2019, 07:21:19 AM
OK, it's a Hertz car but what kind of bicycle is that? :o

Don Wells had the Grand Prix car that Garner drove in the movie. I wonder if he knew that when he owned it?
Can't tell which manufacturer, but it looks like the front forks are shock absorbed :o

69mach351w

Quote from: 6s1640 on July 08, 2019, 02:47:53 PM
Can someone save the images from the link in reply No. 2 on this SAAC thread?  That link could disappear and we would lose the image.

I cannot do from work.

Thanks

Cory
Cory, just right click and save the images.  Also, I'd say the photos aren't going anywhere since they're under the IMCDB