News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Help with Brackets Please

Started by Krelboyne, July 07, 2019, 05:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krelboyne

Received these two brackets with some assorted 1969-70 Shelby Mustang parts. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

Krelboyne

Thanks Jeff,
That is one bracket that I do know well, it is one piece though.
Scott Behncke - Carchaeologist @ WCCC

98SVT - was 06GT

Is it the bracket that went from the AC compressor to the intake manifold???
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Bob Gaines

Quote from: 98SVT - was 06GT on July 07, 2019, 09:16:32 PM
Is it the bracket that went from the AC compressor to the intake manifold???
The Mustang AC brace is much longer then 7 inchs and the AC brace was not used on any year Shelby from the factory.   
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

J_Speegle

Quote from: Krelboyne on July 07, 2019, 08:46:42 PM
Thanks Jeff,
That is one bracket that I do know well, it is one piece though.

Back to the search :) Yes they are shaped differently - just grabbed the first thing that looked close   ::) 

Wrong shapes to be the one to the right of that one

That right angle of the one end is throwing me.....

Have generally seen these sorts of braces are under the dash and supporting the front sheet metal and the like on various Ford and Mercury vehicles now just have to figure out which ones and where
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

aj

I'm guessing one of them is a support bracket that connects lower dash to firewall.   If so, it mounts to the lower dash just inboard of glove box and extends upward slightly to the firewall.   I have a photo taken during disassembly of my 70 A/C car.   

During disassembly i tried to leave a breadcrumb trail to lead me out of the woods when time came to re-assemble.  But photos are large files and cumbersome.  If anyone would like, I can send email photos that also include notes added to the photos as I disassembled.  Just PM me.