News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Shelby (Hurst) Ford Shifter

Started by SFM66H, July 07, 2019, 07:25:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFM66H

For Sale is my custom Hurst Competition Plus/Original Ford handle shifter. It's ready to bolt in as-is to any 1965-66 GT350 with a Borg Warner T-10 and is completely undetectable when installed. The height of the handle, the angle of it, everything - is EXACT and works perfectly. I made a fixture to have an original factory Ford shifter/handle assy aligned with this brand new Competition Plus shifter body to duplicate the height and angle of the original Ford handle. After that was achieved, it was welded, ground and polished, and the handle was rechromed. It even retains the original spring loaded action of the reverse lock out bar, even though it is not needed to engage reverse in this case. 

This shifter (3913180) will fit any Mustang from 1965-69. The Borg Warner T-10 and the Toploader both use this same shifter body. Again, if this is going into a Shelby/Mustang with a BW T-10, the entire assembly is ready to bolt in as-is. If going into a Shelby/Mustang with a Toploader, you will need a 3735587 linkage kit.

Also shown here is the original installation instruction sheet for the Borg Warner T-10.

This model shifter body is the desirable early type with the welded handle assembly. The next generation had handles that bolted into the wedge assembly that goes into the shifter, and are not the same solid feel of the first generation welded shifters.

Reproduction Ford handles run about $175 (this one is a genuine Ford handle) and also included is a perfect boot, knob, all hardware and back up switch ancillaries and wiring (if needed). $695 - and I'll split the shipping with you.

Even better - I will deliver this shifter to SAAC 44 (my cell is 920-819-1609) or I can also take PayPal or a postal money order. Please PM, email, text or call with any questions or for any more detail photos.

Thanks,
Kieth

p51ace@sbcglobal.net
Home - 920-498-8755 (start to leave a message so I'll pick up)

1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976

SFM66H

I forgot to add this - the REAL beauty of the installation of this shifter is that the shifter boot does not have to be removed to install it! Which means the sill plate, the kick panel, the seat itself, and the carpet doesn't have to be removed to get at the boot retention bolts.

You just unscrew the shifter knob, the knob base, the spring, and the reverse lock out bar. Now you only have the round rod of the shifter handle to slip up thru the hole of the boot.

The original Ford shifter handle & boot are a one-piece unit that requires half the interior to be removed to remove/install it - not fun.

1966 GT350H owner since June 30, 1976

acman63

just shipped this to the new owner for 66H.  so I guess consider it sold
SAAC Concours Chairman

Owner Shelby Parts and Restoration Since 1977

SAAC original first year member