Author Topic: leather suitcase  (Read 442 times)

johnlatta

• View Profile
leather suitcase
« on: July 11, 2019, 02:04:57 PM »
Hello,
         Big fan, non-owner  I recall a Peter Egan article in Road & Track, about his cross country trip in a Cobra.  He mentioned searching (successfully) along the way for a vintage leather suitcase.  He considered it to be a necessary accessory to the trunk rack.  I happen to have inherited one from my father.  It is a Wilt brand, with a couple of stickers from international travel on it, in good condition.  I can think of no better place of honor for it than to grace a Cobra.  I live in the North Hills of Pittsburgh, and see that your convention will coincide with the upcoming PVGP.  Of interest?  $300 obo.  Call or email:  412-364-2487 / Latta444@msn.com.
                                                                                                                                                                   Thanks,
                                                                                                                                                                                John

aCMXCVIIIer

• View Profile
Re: leather suitcase
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 05:24:23 PM »
Peter Egan is the car columnist who enlighten the world about "hopeless shot British cars".

The cross country Cobra drive mentioned was in fellow car journalists Tom Cotter's car.  Tom is the author of the "Barn Find" car books, by the way.

Many years ago I recall reading an article, I think also written by Peter Egan, about flying his J3 Piper Cub over the El Cajon Pass and watching the cars below whizzing past him on the upgrade side.

honker

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:54:59 PM »
johnlatta, thanks for starting this thread, hope some one picks up your suitcase.

Not to side track the thread, here's a link to the Peter Egan/Tom Cotter Cobra drive article you mentioned in your post.

Peter Egan is an amazing writer, most car guys I know who have read his car stuff (he did write about motorcycles as well) say that he strikes a chord with you, and one can identify with what he's writing immediately.

Mike

http://www.erareplicas.com/history/r_and_t_289cruise/cruise1.htm
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 12:25:33 AM by honker »

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formally "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 03:38:14 AM »
Thanks for posting that.  After seeing the car in person, it's cool to read the back story about it.

Thanks,
Brian Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative