Author Topic: Unrestored but nice '66 on BaT  (Read 7697 times)

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
Unrestored but nice '66 on BaT
« on: July 12, 2019, 11:08:49 AM »
This 1966 Shelby Mustang GT350 is finished in green with gold stripes and is powered by a 289ci V8 paired with a T10 four-speed manual transmission. The car was sold new at S & C Motors in San Francisco, California and reportedly remained with its original owner until 1993. A second owner in Manteca, California kept the car until 1997. A third owner in Santa Monica parked the car, and it was sold as a “garage find” to the selling dealer in 2017. The cylinder heads were machined and brake service was performed in 2017, and new components installed by Check Point Automotive of Culver City, California included a clutch and throw-out bearing, radiator, timing chain, fluids and gaskets, spark plugs and wires, heater core, and exhaust. The selling dealer has since driven the car approximately 1,200 miles. This GT350 is now offered with copies of original paperwork, service records, serial-number verification from the Shelby American Automobile Club, and a clean California title.

BaT Essentials
Lot #21046
Seller: emark
Chassis: SFM6S1124
6k Miles Shown, TMU
Numbers-Matching 289ci V8
T10 4-Speed Manual Transmission
Ivy Green with Gold Stripes
Black Vinyl Interior
Recent Timing Chain, Clutch, Tires, and More
California Black Plates
Records and Invoices
Private Party or Dealer: Dealer
Additional Charges From This Dealer: USD $0 Document Fee

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-shelby-gt350-7/

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
Re: Unrestored but nice '66 on BaT
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 12:41:13 PM »
I like it.   Thank you for posting.   It is difficult to keep up with all the different cars on BAT.   I will be watching this one.

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 01:17:28 PM »
That’s because Michael is addicted to BaT.  I hear the Betty Ford center is starting a new program to help with that.  Now if they could just help me with my eBay problem...
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 01:31:21 PM »
   Gold stripes added to a non Hertz car. "I" would not call it unrestored , but that's just me.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 02:18:18 PM »
That’s because Michael is addicted to BaT.  I hear the Betty Ford center is starting a new program to help with that.  Now if they could just help me with my eBay problem...

Hah it is true! I love the drama in the comment section where guys flex their minutiae muscle and argue about details of correctness.

I love the GM muscle car arguments. GM did not do a good job of specifying the model options so it is very hard to tell if a car is really a SS, an RS/SS a 375 horse 396 a 435 horse 427 etc.

Fun times.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 02:20:09 PM »
   Gold stripes added to a non Hertz car. "I" would not call it unrestored , but that's just me.

I guess I consider a car restored when it is really gone thru and made as close to original as the owner can afford.

This car is lightly modified in period, including a decades old repaint. Hence my interpretation of unrestored.

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2019, 02:51:01 PM »
It’s my car. Gotta love the “experts” on BAT. It’s entertaining though

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 03:31:44 PM »

I guess I consider a car restored when it is really gone thru and made as close to original as the owner can afford.

This car is lightly modified in period, including a decades old repaint. Hence my interpretation of unrestored.

I see your point. Repop  Blue Streaks are a nice touch. Too bad Checkpoint Auto put the coil on the wrong side. LOL It DOES look like a very nice car. All California history might mean it has original floor pans which "I" consider a plus.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

capecodmustang.com

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2019, 03:33:44 PM »
It’s my car. Gotta love the “experts” on BAT. It’s entertaining though

I had a car on BAT once..
It was hell.

Vernon Estes

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2019, 06:15:14 PM »
The comment section on BaT can be your greatest ally or your worst enemy..goes both ways.  There are almost always guys who comment who dont know their head from their arse when it comes to the specific car and seem to really like to hear themselves talk (not unlike most forums)...but for each one of those guys there are many other posters who are passionate, positive, and knowledgeable about the specific car.  And Ive seen many instances where a well-meaning potential bidder is saved from a big mistake because a poster contributes to an auction.

Ive sold a few cars through BaT and I have greatly enjoyed the process.

Kind regards,
Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2019, 08:20:18 PM »
kool
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

cob4ra

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 05:31:38 PM »
It appears that the black plates expired Jan 18 and should be able to just pay the late fees and keep them on the car; when I got my black plate 66 the plates were on a non -op” so the car still has them current and original SVS725; my friend in SAAC At the time had done some research and had found only eight original 66 Shelby’s with their original black plates still currently registered back in 97 ? I wonder how many there really is ?
1966 Shelby GT350 Hertz 1680 ( previously 6s1842;6s1818)                                                  2000 Saleen S281 Speedster.                              Previously two sunbeam tigers and have owned 24 mustangs ; 4 Mercury Cyclones and one 1960 Fiat 600!

sfm5s081

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 07:10:57 PM »
Not to worry cob4ra, I have the stickers floating around.

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019, 05:05:36 PM »
Interesting car mostly since its stated that the car was in my little town for a few years. Don't recall ever seeing it out and about.  Know I would have remembered those rear speakers and interesting flasher switch location  though have seen that (switch location) done before
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 05:11:50 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

pchmotoho

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2019, 05:57:03 PM »
What’s interesting though is that BAT quickly deleted a comment from someone who KNOWS these cars. I think it’s a neat looking car but BAT loses credibility with me when they do stuff like that.