Author Topic: CARROLL SHELBY ORIGINAL VINTAGE HELMET RACER eBay  (Read 3577 times)

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
CARROLL SHELBY ORIGINAL VINTAGE HELMET RACER eBay
« on: February 16, 2018, 06:53:38 AM »
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CARROLL-SHELBY-ORIGINAL-VINTAGE-HELMET-RACER-Car-Racing-AC-COBRA-SHELBY-COBRA/372220648913?hash=item56aa145dd1:g:jSwAAOSwKXdaeDO1&vxp=mtr

Not mine, but that is a huge chunk of change for a one of these!

RARE VINTAGE SHELBY-COBRA RACING HELMET

SNELL 1968

Collector's item !!!

Brand: SHELBY-COBRA

Size: Don't have size reference but it is a Small to Medium - 55cm/56cm
Condition:  Excellent condition. Shell have some scratches and marks due the age. Inside was fully restored by a professional -lining and foam fully restored. Leather in excellent condition. Double head straps in working conditions. Includes original fiber glass Shelby peak. RARE item, Collector item!

Sorry, photos shows some light reflections...

WE HAVE MORE HELMETS LIST. PLEASE TAKE A LOOK!

WILL SHIP WORLDWIDE

Shipping and Handling by PRIORITY AIR MAIL WITH INSURANCE AND TRACKING NUMBER (SIGN FOR). Europe: $22; USA and Rest of the Word: $32

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▓▒░   BOYS RAN FAST  ░▒▓█▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

About Us

Welcome to BOYS RAN FAST - Ebay Store since 2001. For those who love history, past memories and heritage of the most dominant aviation, motorcycling and motoring themes. Specialize in historical headgear: goggles, helmets, sunglasses… and costume accessories: hats, caps, gloves and garments.

More than 15000 feedbacks at Ebay.

Policies

We sell antiques, collectible, and vintage items. Items may contain minor dusting, soiling, usage marks, and blemishes caused by natural aging and use. To preserve the integrity of an item we decided not to clean or restore them. We leave the cleaning decision up to you. All items are being sold as collectibles. Every so often we do list some new items which we clearly state in the description.

Condition Chart:

We do try our best to match the product to the condition below. 

MINT: Brand new and never used. No visible flaws in appearance. First quality. Most antique and vintage items will not fall in this category. However, there are some old back stock still in the market and highly sought after.

EXCELLENT: Upon close inspection some very minor signs of use or wear, but no serious flaws. Highly prized antique and vintage items. Condition usually can't be upgraded or any better.

VERY GOOD: Obviously used but kept in great condition and well cared for. Displays normal signs of use and wear but no abuse.

GOOD: Clearly used enough to cause noticeable signs of wear. Overall still in collectible condition. Offers satisfaction of owning a long sought after piece. The collectible condition is still tolerated by most collectors.

FAIR: Used extensively, many cosmetic flaws and signs of wear. Still holds collectible desire based on availability, uniqueness and character. Usually purchased by collectors if an item is rare and not ready available on the open market or as a restoration project. Makes for a nice filler piece.

POOR: Used extensively with abundant and major cosmetic flaws. Sold "AS IS" for decorative use only. Makes for a nice filler collectible until a better one can be obtained. Displays lots of use and age character. For the collector who likes to restore or just desires the primitive rustic look of an abused aged item.

The condition listed is a personal opinion. We try to give a fair opinion based on our experience.

The pictures are taken from actual items. Please kindly take a look carefully before buying. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Import duties, taxes and charges are not include in the item price or shipping charges. These charges are the buyer’s responsibility.

Service

We are committed to providing our customers total satisfaction.

Boys Ran Fast offers the following:

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED/ RETURN POLICY: If you are not satisfied with the product, please contact first. We cannot refund shipping and handling fees nor will I pay for return postage unless your purchase is proven to be different from the item described by an error. Otherwise all sales are final. Please pay close attention to photos and description.  Additional photos or information are available upon request. 

SHIPPING POLICY:  WILL SHIP WORLDWIDE

Shipping Cost: For most orders, we charge regular postal rates plus a handling fee. This fee helps us cover bubble wrap, boxes, tape, shipping labels, ink, trips to the post office and labor time.  Antiques and collectibles usually require special handling and packaging resulting in higher handling fees.

Shipping Methods: WE ALWAYS USE PRIORITY AIR MAIL and almost items are ship with insurance and tracking number as proof of mailing.

Combine Shipping: We combine shipping. If you buy more than one item please wait until we can send you a combined invoice before submitting us payment.

Transit times: We ship 2 or 3 times a week. Items usually ship out one day after receiving payment. We do not ship on weekends or holidays. Transit time can range from 2 to 5 days for Europe and 7 to 15 days for USA and Rest of the World.

PAYMENTS: Paypal or other (ask before bid). No checks and no M.O.

Payment must be received within 4 days of auction close.

Privacy

Boys Ran Fast is committed to protecting your privacy. We will not sell, trade, rent or disclose any information that identifies you to a third party.

ENJOY OUR ITEMS AND HAVE A NICE DAY!
Our ref. 4522

$1,850 starting bid

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
Re: CARROLL SHELBY ORIGINAL VINTAGE HELMET RACER eBay
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 09:06:11 AM »
Foul,
This is NOT, to the best of my knowledge in historical SCCA work,  the type of helmet Shelby used in the late 40's and or 50's when he was racing.

No sense to restore, because items like this are used now days for display and show, which it is best to leave the patina.
Search any 50's scca races on Google.

With respect,
John
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 09:15:27 AM by Harris Speedster »
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 10:35:02 AM »
Not to mention it's missing the Shelby sticker on the front. For that kind of cash there better be the sticker!!
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 10:36:24 AM »
Here is the sticker-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

silverton_ford

• SAAC Member
  • Been dreaming of a Shelby since I was 7.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 10:58:49 AM »
Foul,
This is NOT, to the best of my knowledge in historical SCCA work,  the type of helmet Shelby used in the late 40's and or 50's when he was racing.

No sense to restore, because items like this are used now days for display and show, which it is best to leave the patina.
Search any 50's scca races on Google.

With respect,
John

I believe this was something you could buy out of the Shelby performance parts books in the late 60's, not necessarily something from the 40's-50's era of racing.  Although the photo of Shelby in the race car in the auction does not help and makes the auction lead one to believe it is like the helmet he was wearing in that photo.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 12:07:04 PM by silverton_ford »

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 11:09:44 AM »
You are right Brian.  This was a mass produced item readily available and seen in the Shelby parts catalog (Michigan version shown).  Terlingua11 is also right, for that price, it should have a sticker.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 11:43:22 AM »
You are right Brian.  This was a mass produced item readily available and seen in the Shelby parts catalog (Michigan version shown).  Terlingua11 is also right, for that price, it should have a sticker.

I had/have a black one. I used it at the first Pocono Event and lent it out to others looking for a ride on the track.

Do you know what kind of crap I got from Eber for it being a POS? I mean it had the Dan Gurney visor and everything on it. Original chin strap?

This is the type of criticism you only get from a dork?

...and yes, this was BEFORE the lawyers got involved in no passengers on the track at unlimited speed.

$1800? Are you kidding? POS don't come cheap these days? Make me an offer.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 11:52:27 AM by shelbydoug »
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

CharlesTurner

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 12:05:50 PM »
Pooky probably has an NOS sticker for it...  ;)
Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 01:18:23 PM »
Years ago i bought a shelby helment like in 68 shelby catolog from an old pro motorcycle racer who said he only bought it because of the snell rating type he had to have at the time to compete. It had 68 date & snake decal on front top but what was really rare is he had kept the shelby box it came in & what was REALLY rare in the bottom of the box all wadded up was the plastic helment liner it was wrapped in when packaged before shipping & the plastic bag had a big gold cobra snake printed on it. When i asked him about anymore shelby stuff he said this helment was his back-up & he had another other one that he mainly used but it wasnt in as good of shape so i told steve j. about it & he bought it also.

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 04:05:14 PM »
Came in 4 different colors as well-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

terlingua11

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 04:05:56 PM »
$29.95
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 04:08:48 PM »
What?  Not required by judges for vintage races!  Safety be damned, rules need to be revised for correctness. 8)