News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

SAAC 45 location?

Started by silverton_ford, July 15, 2019, 02:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: terlingua11 on July 23, 2019, 11:33:28 AM
What if you did something totally outside of the box and rented a smaller facility that we would have total control of.

I'm in lets go back to Willow Springs. Make your own Shelby goes racing with Ford video. We were last there when SAAC was in Pasadena. Downside is no large hotel for an HQ in the area.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

1967 eight barrel

How about Texas Motor Speedway? I'd show for that one. Austin is too full of tree huggers and the dredges of society. I left Commiefornia for a reason.
The protesters would probably key our cars. I would also be willing to drop a bug in a couple ears to see if American Airlines might be willing to sponsor the event in some manner.
                                                                                        -Keith

Rickmustang

Hotel right at Texas Motor Speedway. I agree about Austin. Place is going downhill fast. Homelessness is the talk of the town right now. But COTA is still an awesome track and facility.
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

1967 eight barrel

Rick: Chances of rain aren't likely and there are plenty of places to stay in the area, and reasonably. Not to mention the best BBQ anywhere. You forget most of the people in the North East still think this place is a dust bowl with swinging door saloons and everyone says " Howdy".  Yes, most are more polite here but it's more metropolitan here than many places in the NE without the crime.

-Keith

Rickmustang

Yep. And the tollway besides the track has the highest speed limit in the country. I'd even plan and organize a Texas hill country drive! 😁
1965 G.T. 350
1967 Fairlane GT - 390 4-speed
1970 Mach 1 - 428CJ 4-speed/AC
1971 Mach 1 - 429CJ auto/AC
2005 Ford GT

Bigfoot

Quote from: terlingua11 on July 23, 2019, 11:33:28 AM
What if you did something totally outside of the box and rented a smaller facility that we would have total control of. In a location that doesn't demand top dollar. So then the club could dictate what it wanted to do. From the vintage races, to open track for the less skilled drivers and tours or destination drives. Then the car show on concourse could be held without distraction and evening presentations would be easy to find accommodations as this would be the only thing happening at the time.

Just a thought. Might be like the early conventions when we didn't have to piggy back anything. More time to talk to your fellow enthusiast. More ability to have centralized activities. More of a grass roots convention.

I get it, not in a prime location with other things to do, however we are there to see and drive the cars. You could pick something smack dab in the middle of the US like....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorsport_Park_Hastings

And it doesn't have to be in the middle of no where either. You just need to pick a smaller track that doesn't demand a lot of money or attention-

I wonder what that track costs to rent?

BTW,....a few years ago a brand spankin new track opening was in MASSACHUSETTS.
Palmer mass. Can't possibly costs even donuts to rent.
It's very near Sturbridge, MA which is a family oriented "pilgrim" themed area with tons of parking at the hotels to make up for whatever lacks at the track.
Kinda like the Kalahari sized place and then the drive to Pocono
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

1967 eight barrel

We need to break away from The East and the West.  I am not coming to Commiefornia, EVER. I am a native and they shit on me post forcing my retirement at the hands of a drunk illegal with two prior convictions.  I won't put one dime into their pockets.
I also don't want to go where it has a high probability of rain, cold or over-priced high crime areas.

Cobrask8

Not to be a wet blanket Biggie, but NO to Palmer. Small, very small pits, all hills with granite rocks instead of guardrail. I was there once, will never go back.

Bill

Forget about SAAC 45, I want to know where SAAC 50 is going to be held.

Just saying  ;)

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

computerworks

Quote from: Bill on July 29, 2019, 09:46:09 PM

Just saying  ;)

thinking 'bout Hawaii  8)

Don Johnston

Quote from: computerworks on July 29, 2019, 10:11:28 PM
Quote from: Bill on July 29, 2019, 09:46:09 PM

Just saying  ;)

thinking 'bout Hawaii  8)

You guys are gonna love shipping cars and buying airline tickets!  Looking forward to it.  I will not have to lug all those macadamia nuts.  ;D

computerworks

Quote from: Don Johnston on July 29, 2019, 10:29:50 PM
You guys are gonna love shipping cars and buying airline tickets!  Looking forward to it.  I will not have to lug all those macadamia nuts.  ;D

I had you specifically in mind.... ;D

Don Johnston

We can do a special tour to CS' favorite surf spots!  8)

98SVT - was 06GT

Quote from: 1967 eight barrel on July 27, 2019, 06:29:11 AM
Rick: Chances of rain aren't likely
Who cares about rain??? We had it on the way to SAAC1. Our little caravan just picked up the speed because Lynn Park's Cobra had no top (or hardware for one). between 75-80 the rain just blew over the passengers and everyone stayed dry.
Previous owner 6S843 - GT350H & 68 GT500 Convert #135.
Mine: GT1 Mustang Track Toy, 1998 SVT Cobra, Wife's: 2004 Tbird
Member since 1975 - priceless