News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

A/C Clutch

Started by johnzajc@gmail.com, July 18, 2019, 04:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnzajc@gmail.com

I need field coil for A/C Compressor clutch---C9AA 2981 D2---I do not know correct part number for coil , nor I do not know if they are interchangeable with other clutches---thank you

Mike_Senar

What is that engine application for?   There is something like four different ones!
                                                                                           Mike

johnzajc@gmail.com

Hi --it is for 428 cobra jet and is ford original compressor--thank you---I almost gave up[[thanks]

TLea

John the field coil you need for the D2 clutch is C9AZ 2987 A. The D2 is typically found on 70s more than 69s. Is your compressor a D0AA or C9AA? There is one shown on Rearcounter. Worth a shot even though most items on Rearcounter are still listed even though sold already

https://www.rearcounter.com/C9AZ-2987-A-parts223359.html

johnzajc@gmail.com

THANKS--will take compressor of the car for clean up and check the numbers--it is very posible it was changed during the life og the car

johnzajc@gmail.com

just check the clutch and is  C9AA-2981-D2

TLea

is there a compressor tag?

johnzajc@gmail.com

Thank for your time                                                                                                                                                                                  Painfully we can read tag                                                                                                                                                                                            Size              2.5 inch. x 2                                                                                                                                                                                        Inscriptions:                                                                                                                                                                                         Row 1            69-99 206-1                                                                                                                                                                             Row 2            HG 1000 C9 A 1216 A                                                                                                                                                       Tahg is riveted by 2 what appears to be # 3 standard cold rivets  same as we use on aircrafts---                                                                 I am determined to leave to my grandchildren some original that represents true era of American masterpiece.

TLea

OK c9az a is the one you need. Did guy on rear counter have one?

johnzajc@gmail.com

Thank you-- I am back tomorrow & will check--the one we have NOS C9AA 2981 ca we use in dire need or is totally no-go