News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

R-Model Oil Cooler Adapter

Started by TJinSA, July 21, 2019, 02:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJinSA

Many moons ago, when the prairie grasses grew tall and the buffalo would drown out your wife's jabber; I bought what I believed to be an R-Model oil cooler--it had cobra cast in raised letters on the side.  A reputable vendor, lets call CoAu, Inc. sells a complete kit it says is accurate in details.  Should it have the COBRA lettering on the adapter?  Anyone recently buy such a kit, and what was your experience, and satisfaction?
Tom Kubler
6S296

SFM5S000

Tom,

In the past I've looked at an original and the reproduced closely. Yes "COBRA" is cast on the side. The original lettering is just marginally better/cleanly casted. I ended up buying the reproduced from CoAu Inc. a few years ago. Back then CoAu didn't offer the complete cooler assembly, so I sourced the items separately. I did however find (I was told a clean original) oil cooler marked with the stamped "M" with a triangle. See pics.
Aside from the r model oil cooler, I also run the r model radiator, HP fan and 48 IDA Webers with an external thermostat housing in the upper hose. Getting all these components to fit Without cutting the radiator support was/is possible.

Cheers
~Earl J