Author Topic: Two beautiful Shelby's, just around the corner from me...  (Read 4798 times)

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
Two beautiful Shelby's, just around the corner from me...
« on: February 16, 2018, 03:58:40 PM »
Both GT350's, one a 1968 and the other a 1970. Neither of them are in this registry. Both are absolutely stunning. I was lucky enough that the owner let me visit the 68 from time to time so that I could figure out some assembly/general details while I was putting mine together.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 06:35:24 PM by 1968GT350 »

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Two beautiful Shelby's, just around the corner from me...
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 04:13:05 PM »
Hope you can get VIN and other info to update the Registry on these.

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 05:25:23 PM »
Hi Don yes I mentioned that very thing to him. He is not interested in dealing with some of the people on places like this. Although 99.9% of them are fantastic, like everything else its the .1% that mess things up for everyone and its those people that he wants nothing to do with. So I guess his data with never be found because of this. Sad.

KerryBWhite

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 05:37:58 PM »
Hi Don yes I mentioned that very thing to him. He is not interested in dealing with some of the people on places like this. Although 99.9% of them are fantastic, like everything else its the .1% that mess things up for everyone and its those people that he wants nothing to do with. So I guess his data with never be found because of this. Sad.

If I'm not mistaken, a person can give or get information on their car to a registrar and they will keep it private with the registrar only and Unpublished.
Anyone know?

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 05:48:06 PM »
You know what KerryBWhite that is an excellent point, I will share that option with him. I hadn't thought about that route.

KerryBWhite

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2018, 05:52:23 PM »
You know what KerryBWhite that is an excellent point, I will share that option with him. I hadn't thought about that route.

Im Not 100% sure but hopefully a registrar will chime in here.

Mongo hangs around here maybe he will chime in  :)   Mongo where are you???????

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2018, 05:59:07 PM »
Either way KerryBWhite that is a great idea.

Mongo

• SAAC Registrar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 06:01:35 PM »
That is correct, if an owner sends us info on their cars and does not want their name or location listed we will honor their wishes, "But" not so long ago there were "fake" Shelbys going to auction that buy chance an "original and still present owner" contacted us to say "what's up"?  And when the auction house contacted us we said "yes the original owner still has his car and all the registrations since new" and he was not selling that car. The auction house pulled all the cars and more and there were arrests.  It really does pay to tell SAAC you are the owner so you don't have to play legal fees to defend you car in court!

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 06:03:16 PM »
You may want to mention that his cars are already in the registry and most likely have early info about selling dealer and cost.  There might be more early history or it may say "subsequent history unknown" or "present whereabouts unknown".  I would think if someone was going to fake a car, the ones without recent history added would be the targets.  Food for thought.

Mongo must have been typing at the same time.

KerryBWhite

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 06:05:38 PM »
That is correct, if an owner sends us info on their cars and does not want their name or location listed we will honor their wishes, "But" not so long ago there were "fake" Shelbys going to auction that buy chance an "original and still present owner" contacted us to say "what's up"?  And when the auction house contacted us we said "yes the original owner still has his car and all the registrations since new" and he was not selling that car. The auction house pulled all the cars and more and there were arrests.  It really does pay to tell SAAC you are the owner so you don't have to play legal fees to defend you car in court!

Thanks for QUICK REPLY MONGO!!!! :D

Hope your doing well.

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2018, 06:16:03 PM »
Excellent points you guys and thank you. When I bought my car no so long ago some of the members were of great help in helping me authenticate my car. At that time, I updated my cars info in the registry so I am with you there.

KR Convertible

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2018, 06:29:34 PM »
Mongo might be able to provide documentation, too.

Mongo

• SAAC Registrar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 06:43:36 PM »
i probably have "factory paperwork on 99% of the 1968-69-70 Shelbys that is printed in the 1300 page 2014 Registry. All i need is a v.i.n. to tell you what i got?  Doing great started planning for SAAC 43 , Las Vegas is 1st stop before Sonoma!

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 06:46:03 PM »
You rock MONGO!

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2018, 10:07:47 PM »
Does the owner have a Registry?  He might enjoy seeing one, if not. He does not have to be listed by name or location in it and we know it will be a long time before another edition is published.