Author Topic: shock tower caps  (Read 2352 times)

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
shock tower caps
« on: July 22, 2019, 08:24:47 PM »
Hi---I understand shock tower caps were dipped in paint and not sprayed---in process of dipping since there is several choices to hang them which hole did they use since that would effect direction of paint runs and location of drips, or it does not matter. Since I am reduing it my eswell do it right----thank you for help--john

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: shock tower caps
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 07:03:19 AM »
 :'(
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 09:43:01 AM »
It might be funny to you , I put a lot of effort and time in research to get as close to being correct as possible , very fortunately in process I have met number of people that are very happy to share their skill. If you can help please do it , if not please do not make it harder as it is---have nice day--John

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 09:48:17 AM »
I don't think that it is funny at all. I'm as interested as you to see if anyone here has studied the run patterns of dipped parts.  ;)
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Special Ed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2019, 10:21:33 AM »
Havent noticed that on the later shorter dearborn welded washer type that was used on 68-69 shelby and b9 cars but will check as i got some that werent repainted yet. Anybody know if same vendor that made 65-66 vs 67-70 as they are different starting in 67 when the big blocks started being made.

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2019, 10:27:47 AM »
Thanks---I will do it today and if it does not turn good , will do it again until we get it wright.                                                               P.S. I got new parkerizing concentrate from Palmeto and it works so well I literally do it for my friends with appointment only. Mr. PERKINGS taught me how to use it few years ago and now we can do it almost as good, thanks to willingness of you guys willing to pass on your skill.--John

Coralsnake

• SAAC Member
  • The original Influencer
    • View Profile
    • theCoralsnake.com
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2019, 10:34:23 AM »
John, are you dipping stuff in oil after darkening it?

johnzajc@gmail.com

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2019, 11:22:49 AM »
I do it excatly as per BOBS instructions except I use 13 ounces per gallon rather than 11 , keep in pod for 10 minutes, I do not rinse them just dry with airgun, twice wd 40  and lost coat jet turbine wipe. People thing I am cheating until they touch and feel that is no paint---also I have no delay between walnut blast and cooking and if you do it kitchen do not use your wifes pots, it stains them and she will know you are cooking parts when she is not home--bad idea---I am lucky she has not find out yet.Good luck