News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Thanks to all who make the forum

Started by Coralsnake, July 23, 2019, 06:06:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Gaines

It worries me that the trolling that has been allowed to go on to the extent that valued contributors like Pete have become so frustrated that they feel that they have to leave. Nobody likes that kind of frustration. I hope that Pete reconsiders leaving and I hope that the powers to be do not let a trolling few ruin the atmosphere of preserving the Shelby Marque and the car experience as it pertains to Shelby/Ford Performance for the rest of us on this forum .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Bigfoot

Don't be a stranger. Keep on trucking.
I'll send you a note.
Wish you well.
Feel ur pain.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

gt350hr

ANY forum is the SUM of and QUALITY of it's members. Because this forum has become the accepted SOURCE for information regarding Shelby American vehicles  it has become a 'magnet" for many . That includes my current pet peeve of OPPORTUNISTS . It is (most often) this sector that creates issues here. Baseless arguments LOADED with name calling that become a cancer to a normally strong forum have become a problem. IF left unaddressed , Pete will be the tip of the iceberg and MANY others will follow him in leaving. This of course will cause a collapse that has already been predicted by many.  WE are here VOLUNTARILY for the MUTUAL BENEFIT of all. PLEASE REMEMBER THAT.
"I" urge those ( who haven't yet) that appreciate what Pete contributes to tell him "in print" to stay . We will all be better off if he does. Become a member of "The Shelby Police" and ward off those trolls that make he and others want to leave. 'DRAMA" is best left to TV.
   Randy Gillis
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

terlingua11

I agree with the forum only available to active members. It will cut down on the nonsense and trolling. Keep it in the family so to speak. If you're a problem, you're out. Seems like a simple solution. Might also help the old revenue stream to the club. If you're too cheap to keep your membership, then i'm guessing what you have to say on the forum isn't constructive.
Jeff-

Pete has also kindly sent me what I was looking for awhile back at n/c. Can't let the real guys with real information go-
SFM6S1904
88 Saleen 19R

papa scoops

Pete, i'm behind you, I see the changes to. phred

Chris Thauberger

Has everybody noticed how "quiet" is has become since this discussion has evolved?

That's no coincidence, shine a light and the rat scurries away.
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

shelbydoug

This is and has been an administrative issue from the beginning. I wouldn't expect anything to change. That's not their stile unfortunately. It serves no purpose to leave. It will serve a purpose to stay.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

greekz

I find it very sad that someone with his vast knowledge and willingness to share has decided to go silent.  Although I do not have a '68 Shelby, I have always found Pete's insight priceless to those that do. 

Having never met Pete, I can see through his posts, the king of person he is and the value he brings to our hobby.
It would be a shame if he truly does leave, I hope he reconsiders.

Greek
SFM 6S1134  '67 GT-350 #2339

NC TRACKRAT

Pete...Keep in mind, if you leave "they" win.  Please don't.  Stick it out and let's get this mess cleaned up. 
5S071, 6S1467

George Schalk

It is unfortunate it has come to this.  Pete's knowledge and input to the Shelby community is invaluable and will be a discredit to this Forum to let him walk. 

Stay strong Pete and don't let them get the best of you!!

gt350hr

There is power i the PM use it wisely. In the mean time,

SAVE PETE!
    SAVE PETE!
    SAVE PETE!...
      Well you get the idea.
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Bigfoot

Let's get REAL
Pete leaving may be the tip of the iceberg.
But (also) of serious concern is the recent downward Slope in general. The Forum is  a figment or fraction of what it once was.  Just a shadow.
Many contributors left after the crash and never returned or are here merely as a ghost.

RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

TLea

Pete is one of my best friends and I know full well what he's been through. When the people at the top don't have the back of the soldiers in the field chaos ensues. Best thing to do when that happens is peers and equals not to remain quiet. There is strength in solidarity. I more often than not get in trouble and banished for speaking out against corruption. Its no different now. Been a SAAC member for 44 years and things are heading in a downward spiral. Generally the only time things change are when people get so disgusted they act not just talk

Chad

Pete please stay the coarse.  A bully never wins unless you let him!!

Chad

Shelby6t5 Mike HHI, SC

It's sad that it has come to this, a senior respected member of our tribe will leave for what appears to be a simple lack of decorum.
Pete  is a great resource that can't be replaced.

Mike