Author Topic: Rear spoiler mount brackets under decklid- used on all cars?  (Read 2201 times)

cboss70

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
I have a 70 boss and was missing the orig. rear spoiler. I now have one to put on my car but was wondering about the reinforcement brackets that go on the inside of the decklid (underside).  Were they used for all 69 and 70 mustangs with spoiler or was it based on plant or implemented in a certain month? Don't want to find and add them if they weren't correct for my car.  Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Rear spoiler mount brackets under decklid- used on all cars?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 01:03:26 PM »
I believe on all 70s as the decklid was changed and had punch outs on the inner decklid for the brackets. 69s did not use the brackets as no punch outs for them. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)

J_Speegle

• SAAC Member
  • Just here to help :)
    • View Profile
    • ConcoursMustang.com
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 02:00:16 PM »
Not used on 69 Boss 302's
Jeff Speegle- Mustang & Shelby detail collector, ConcoursMustang.com mentor :) and Judge

Shelbypat

• View Profile

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 10:03:21 PM »
^^
That’s very kind interesting regarding the reverse stamping on fastback deck lids but “normal”, conventional stampings on convertible deck lids.
Go figure.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

cboss70

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2019, 07:49:36 AM »
Thanks for the feedback and for the link. Anghel restorations has some great info posted on 69/70 cars. I wish there was a site with the same straight forward/definitive guides with pictures like that for 67/68 specifics on unique parts!