Author Topic: OK... Let's talk about the Forum  (Read 10104 times)

QuickSilverShelby

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: OK... Let's talk about the Forum
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2019, 12:33:11 PM »
Ron

Thank-you for the measured response, it was the right thing to do.

Now that we have you attention, how about those member badges?  ;)

Chris
Yeah, how about those badges?  I see two people on this thread have them but nobody else. 

QSS
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Chris Thauberger

• Gold is money. Everything else is credit.
    • View Profile
    • And how many words have I got to say? And how many times will it be this way? With your arms around the future And your back up against the past You're already falling It's calling you on to face the music And the song that is coming through You
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2019, 12:41:27 PM »
Unless I'm wrong, I believe badges are assigned individually as opposed to globally.

In order to assign badges each user profile needs to be modified to add the badge. On top of this, each member needs to be verified as a member and that info is more than likely in a separate database.

Read: labor intensive

Thanks for the badge Ron. Sorry if I came across a bit strong the last few days.  My wife says I'm 'passionate'.  :)

Chris
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 12:44:16 PM by Chris Thauberger »
Life is 1% what happen to you and 99% how you react to it.

Video: Gold Concours GT500
Article: Pursuit of Gold

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2019, 03:00:06 PM »
Yeah, how about those badges?  I see two people on this thread have them but nobody else. 
QSS

there are instructions in the "NEWS" area on the forum index page. 
It's very fast - sorta like a Cobra  8)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Bigfoot

• Forum 1.0 posts: 8815
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2019, 03:18:08 PM »
“....we don’t need no stinkin’ bad-ges.......”
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Bigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2019, 03:18:23 PM »
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

computerworks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2019, 03:22:22 PM »

QSS

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Badges will be normally assigned in batches every 24 hours. Only one request will be necessary to get you in the queue.
Any prior requests have been purged... If you made a request in recent past months.. please resubmit your request.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 03:39:31 PM by Forum Guide »

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2019, 03:57:36 PM »
thanks Ron  :)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

NC TRACKRAT

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2019, 05:29:48 PM »
Easy-Peasy!  Thanks, Ron! 
5S071, 6S1467

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2019, 12:44:43 AM »
Thanks Ron,

I think Politics is another "no no" that should be on your list.

Tragically, because of leftist idiots politics will have an affect on our vehicles and ability to use them they do have a place here at times They have been plotting for some time to tax them and limit use. Some states have already done so. There have been several bills that didn't quite make it, but close. 
Then Ron takes down a post because another disillusioned individual here decides that those of us with legal carry should have their rights violated by the SAAC.
at any rally or meet.  Really? TDS is a mental illness. It's what started the exchange.
I am federally licensed. It doesn't matter what your preferences are, they don't apply to me or those who carry. I carry under HR 218 as well and onto the flight deck EVERY time I fly.  It's to make sure those in my charge are safe. I have carried ALL my adult life between military service, law enforcement and as a retired CHP. After 911 many of us carry on board. It's FOR YOUR safety as well.
It's always someone from NY or CA.  Brainwashed sheep.
That is why I was angry and Ron didn't have the audacity to explain or reply in messages when I questioned his decision to remove one person's comments and not the instigator. Funny, both are from NY so likely the same mental mindset.

-Keith

computerworks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2019, 01:03:57 AM »
Tragically, because of leftist idiots politics will have an affect on our vehicles and ability to use them they do have a place here at times They have been plotting for some time to tax them and limit use. Some states have already done so. There have been several bills that didn't quite make it, but close. 
Then Ron takes down a post because another disillusioned individual here decides that those of us with legal carry should have their rights violated by the SAAC.
at any rally or meet.  Really? TDS is a mental illness. It's what started the exchange.
I am federally licensed. It doesn't matter what your preferences are, they don't apply to me or those who carry. I carry under HR 218 as well and onto the flight deck EVERY time I fly.  It's to make sure those in my charge are safe. I have carried ALL my adult life between military service, law enforcement and as a retired CHP. After 911 many of us carry on board. It's FOR YOUR safety as well.
It's always someone from NY or CA.  Brainwashed sheep.
That is why I was angry and Ron didn't have the audacity to explain or reply in messages when I questioned his decision to remove one person's comments and not the instigator. Funny, both are from NY so likely the same mental mindset.
                                                                                             -Keith

I'll give you a pass on this one post.. to make some points publicly.

First, SAAC can't violate your rights.. and when you are on this forum.. you waive quite a few rights.
It's our forum and we make the rules.... don't like them? Sorry.

I don't need to moderate with audacity.. I am quite peaceful and rarely get agitated by what anyone says...like now.

Your whole post is out of line and really needs to be said elsewhere.
Try not to be a such a geo-bigot if you plan to stay here.

1967 eight barrel

« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2019, 04:28:24 AM »
Geo-bigot. Now that's hysterical. Nice label. My daughter lives in NY. My wife is from NY and I spent 37 years of my life in Commiefornia.  My statements about the state of affairs that puts those who gave nothing and invade this nation in front of those who served the state and the nation and were injured in the line of duty is spot-on. I served with honor and distinction for a SECOND time with an oath to serve and protect ALL Citizens.  I honored it. However, I have spent 20 years in litigation for what was owed me.
Perhaps you may actually try being sympathetic to my plight.
I gave you an opportunity to speak with me privately when this first reared it's ugly head. You elected not to, nor even respond to my message in PM.
Then Shelby Doug spewed his crap about how the SAAC would be at risk to allow people like me to exercise their right to carry at an event. You deleted my comments and left Doug's blathering response.
Perhaps you should apologize for your bigoted biased views of rights asserted by the Constitution of The United States and licenses issued locally and federally.
I won't allow you or anyone else to minimize my ability to respond.
I am not here to stir the pot, but you even allowed 427 Heaven's Trump Derangement Syndrome to stay up. I simply responded. I know you personally don't like me, and I actually don't care. I paid in BLOOD for what you and so many others take for granted.
Now I am done with this providing it dies. If you want to converse I'd be glad to do so via private message or I'll even call you.

If you're going to apply rules they apply to all, not just those you agree with.
                                                                                           -Keith

« Last Edit: July 28, 2019, 09:57:54 AM by 1967 eight barrel »

computerworks

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2019, 07:50:18 AM »
There you go.... I've allowed you to say your piece...and your peace....

Move on. past is over. Thanks for the pledge not to stir the pot.. I'll hold you to that.  8)

Now...back to the business at hand....

Thanks

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2019, 10:05:56 AM »
ron, thanks so much for the availability of the badge feature
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

427heaven

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2019, 03:04:16 PM »
Thanks to everyone on here that we NOW have the capability to Tune in, Tune out or Tune up! Just depends what we want to do with our cars and surroundings. Just don't TUNE A FISH. JUST A LITTLE REO speed wagon flashback. ;D

Bigfoot

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 28, 2019, 09:29:05 PM »
Just close the thread......
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI