News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Cylinder Head Use Survey

Started by Dan Case, July 27, 2019, 01:36:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Case

We (mostly me)are collecting data on engine blocks and cylinder heads for five bolt HP289s originally installed in new Cobras April 1964 and later.  The configurations between March 1963 and about mid April 1964 are very well known. 

The questions in configurations pop up because Ford made component changes during April 1964. We are interested in documenting mostly intact original engines. The engine number and assembly date together are important to compare them to the database for all five bolt HP289s documented to date no matter what their original installation was in.  I am looking for:

Ford Engine Serial Numbers

Engine block casting version ( C4OF-6015C or C4OF-6015F)

Engine block casting dates (interested in any date in April 1964 through July 1964)

Cylinder head casting version (C4OE-B or C5OE-A)

Cylinder head casting date(s)

Engine assembly dates

Thanks in advance for any help you might provide.

If you have a mostly intact original engine and don't know where to look for engine numbers and the assembly date, send me a PM, I have a slide show with that information.
Dan Case
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.