News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Help with buying 1 of 2 Gt500s at auction - needed ASAP

Started by newshelby, July 29, 2019, 12:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69bosssvt

Do it now...sometimes "LATER" becomes "NEVER"....

Quote from: 69bosssvt on July 30, 2019, 09:13:12 PM
Are they registered here?
.    Which brings up a really good point.If you are serious about buying one of these cars"right" a registry should be your first purchase..The old idiom "knowledge is power" was never more true than in this case IMHO.....

69bosssvt

They were numbers 188 and 1759. 
Both decent cars  either fully restored freshened up...brought no money, seems like the money had left the room. A beautiful Britannia blue 67 fetched 275k...unrestored highland greed GT500 KR ' vert brought a little over 100k...not a sellers day...watched a  eautiful, freshly restored Silver Jade 69 Cobra Jet bring 47k he said he had around 60 into the car...ugh
70 boss 302 fresh restore with 8800 documented one owner miles tons of paperwork sold for 65k...said he wanted 80k...
Do it now...sometimes "LATER" becomes "NEVER"....

Coralsnake

My personally feeling is these auction companies had everyone believing that the cars were worth more than the market accepted.

They have diluted the pool by increasing the number of auctions four fold to make them quarterly. It is now much harder to consistently attract good cars. That combined with the no reserves deters many from sending their cars to auction.

Certainly the 1967 was an exception and I am continually amazed by the Eleanor phenomena that pops up frequently.

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: Coralsnake on August 07, 2019, 11:02:10 AM
My personally feeling is these auction companies had everyone believing that the cars were worth more than the market accepted.

They have diluted the pool by increasing the number of auctions four fold to make them quarterly. It is now much harder to consistently attract good cars. That combined with the no reserves deters many from sending their cars to auction.

Certainly the 1967 was an exception and I am continually amazed by the Eleanor phenomena that pops up frequently.

Agreed on the Eleanor comment. I'm still amazed that people can essentially put a plastic body kit and such on a 67 Fastback and draw over 6 figures. Amazing.
Nothing beats a classic!