Author Topic: Feline Friday, Part 2....  (Read 3483 times)

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
Feline Friday, Part 2....
« on: February 16, 2018, 11:24:10 PM »
Don't know where Feline Friday Part 1 went but here's part two. I hope those of you that shared your cat/car pictures on the 1st post will chime in again! Sorry that they are sideways  :(

Happy Friday!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 11:28:16 PM by 1968GT350 »

deathsled

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Feline Friday, Part 2....
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2018, 08:23:05 PM »
What the hell???  That thing is huge!!!  That's a pet???  You better be a light sleeper.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2018, 08:40:13 PM »
Ocelot?

sfm5

• SAAC Member
  • Great White North
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 08:50:45 PM »
African caracal, saw these pic's on FB earlier.
65 GT350

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 09:24:59 PM »
Good eye my friend, yup Caracal! Super friendly, he just turned 1 year old on Feb 12 and he is 40lbs. He has a couple of friends that are African Servals which are about the same size. Here's the Serval, had this picture up yesterday until the entire "Feline Friday" post magically disappeared. Hard to believe that anyone could be butt hurt by a few cat pictures but you never know I guess.

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 09:38:16 PM »
As tame as can be....

Don Johnston

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 09:42:06 PM »
These cat photos are fine as long as they do not become cats  playing the piano viral videos.  You Tube overload!

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2018, 09:47:46 PM »
Our cats are too busy eating for any kind of piano lessons Don so you are safe from that from me at least!

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2018, 11:40:27 PM »
BTW, White stripes on Lime Gold is awesome.

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2018, 02:06:23 AM »
THANKS 2112!!!

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2018, 08:12:41 AM »
No cat hate here. I just have four of the expected kind. Three short hairs and one long hair Maine Coon.

I had eight at one time but through attritian am down to four.

One of them would wait until I waxed the car, then come and roll over the roof as if to buff it, then find foot prints all over the glass where he tracked it. Lots of paw skid marks on it.

I'm in New York. "Exotic" animals are closely regulated here. Your cats would be considered "Exotic" and would require a special Federal permit.

While that might seem an over reach of rights, there is reason to that.

There was a recent and continuing story of an Ocelot in New Jersey. I think his name was Fred? Kool name.

He was owned by an animal lover and the bugger liked to escape the house and roam the neighborhood. What he was hunting, I don't know? Anything smaller I guess?

It went back and forth to court and after something like three years, the Judge finally decided the woman was incapable of keeping this guy indoors dependably.

Now this wasn't really a tradgedy, he is safe on a "game preserve" out in the 'boonies.

I'd be concerned that I could feed these guys enough meat daily. They obviously are highly carnivorous.

The other thing is, how do you keep them from tearing everything up with their claws and how do you keep them from spraying everything?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2018, 09:24:31 AM »
No cat hate here. I just have four of the expected kind. Three short hairs and one long hair Maine Coon.

I had eight at one time but through attritian am down to four.

One of them would wait until I waxed the car, then come and roll over the roof as if to buff it, then find foot prints all over the glass where he tracked it. Lots of paw skid marks on it.

I'm in New York. "Exotic" animals are closely regulated here. Your cats would be considered "Exotic" and would require a special Federal permit.

While that might seem an over reach of rights, there is reason to that.

There was a recent and continuing story of an Ocelot in New Jersey. I think his name was Fred? Kool name.

He was owned by an animal lover and the bugger liked to escape the house and roam the neighborhood. What he was hunting, I don't know? Anything smaller I guess?

It went back and forth to court and after something like three years, the Judge finally decided the woman was incapable of keeping this guy indoors dependably.

Now this wasn't really a tradgedy, he is safe on a "game preserve" out in the 'boonies.

I'd be concerned that I could feed these guys enough meat daily. They obviously are highly carnivorous.

The other thing is, how do you keep them from tearing everything up with their claws and how do you keep them from spraying everything?

Easy, just give them a paint booth and let them at it!   ::)
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2018, 09:29:53 AM »

Easy, just give them a paint booth and let them at it!   ::)
[/quote]

Not exactly the same thing. This stuff is like paint remover. It will peel the paint, the wall paper, take the chrome off of anything, and it's free! You just can't control where and when.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

1968GT350

• 604 300 2802
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2018, 12:53:14 PM »
Hi guys, these cats are called Servals. (the ones with leopard like markings), and Caracals. All of these guys are on a raw food diet so they are pretty cheap to feed. They eat chicken mostly, whole baby quail, mice rats, beef and pork. They love prawns. If you take them outside they walk like a dog. If they see a lizard or a mouse, they will have pounced on it and eaten it by the time you react. Lightning fast. They chirp like birds and can jump about 12 feet straight up. They are not vicious and actually sleep in our room with us. Completely house trained. They generally spray in their litter box but if they want your attention, (well my wife's attention), one of the cats will point his business end at her and if she doesn't  comply well, enough said. They are considered exotics here to, some areas ban them, some don't. Like most cats they sleep a lot so the do not need must attention. The Caracal is "my" cat per se which means the minute I get home from work I get to take him for a walk. He also like to hang around the garage while I am working on the Shelby. He's my right hand man.