News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

The Art of Racing in the Rain

Started by deathsled, July 30, 2019, 08:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: 67 GT350 on July 31, 2019, 01:07:00 PM
I had dogs years ago, do not have any now, we took in a cat, she was left out with no front claws, about 7 years ago, we did not take her in officially until 5 years ago when the people that had her up and moved away. I can tell you being a dog person, this cat has given me just as much joy to which she has that same personality as that dog has in the movie. The sad part with our cat is she is now 14 years old, so our time with her has not been long.

She loves rides in the cars and like to be on my lap with her paws on the steering wheel!

I cannot see this movie, I will be the biggest crier there!

I hear you!  I'll probably bring my own stash of Kleenex!
Nothing beats a classic!

69mach351w

AKC registered German Shepard here!!  Will be 2 yrs old in October :o

mark p

"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

deathsled

I'm all in. Going to see it opening night by myself so I don't get static or commentary from any tag along that will ruin my enjoyment.

Opens August 8...
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

deathsled

Not your usual Hollywood fare.  I just saw the movie tonight and was thoroughly satisfied.  Go see it.  The movie has many very profound messages contained within (shocking for a bigger production movie these days).  One can analyze the movie on a multi-layered level or just enjoy on any level you want.  No hints of political agendas that I could see and gave an ideal balance between racing and life that occurs between the racing.  Realistic on many levels and philosophical on many more.  I give this movie five stars out of five and I will read the book and buy the DVD if they release one.  (Seems we are being corralled into streaming where you pay every time you want to watch and no more can you own the movie and play as you like over the years.)

Richard E.
"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

Bob Gaines

Quote from: deathsled on August 08, 2019, 10:08:24 PM
Not your usual Hollywood fare.  I just saw the movie tonight and was thoroughly satisfied.  Go see it.  The movie has many very profound messages contained within (shocking for a bigger production movie these days).  One can analyze the movie on a multi-layered level or just enjoy on any level you want.  No hints of political agendas that I could see and gave an ideal balance between racing and life that occurs between the racing.  Realistic on many levels and philosophical on many more.  I give this movie five stars out of five and I will read the book and buy the DVD if they release one.  (Seems we are being corralled into streaming where you pay every time you want to watch and no more can you own the movie and play as you like over the years.)

Richard E.
+1 like. I thoroughly enjoyed it . I would recommend it to others .
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Shelby_r_b

Thanks for the heads up!  I can't wait to see it. 
Nothing beats a classic!

mark p

thanks for the first-hand [actual] car-guy reviews  8)
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

silverton_ford

I listened to a Ross Bentley Podcast with the author, Garth Stein yesterday.  Podcast # 135 here:  https://speedsecrets.com/speedsecrets-podcast/

I just finished the book this morning. 

Planning on going to the movie tomorrow.  I am excited to see it.

68countrysedan

Stumbled across the factoid that author Garth Stein had attended a driving school. Combine that with one of the producers being a professional racer and a genuine track atmosphere will be created. It makes a difference.

cob4ra

I know that I need to see it; but I'm with the last days left of my magnificent Newfoundland's life " Tugboat "; he has always raced on the dash of my Motorhome "! He's touched my soul like no other pet before. He helped me understand what matters more than ever before
1966 Shelby GT350 Hertz 1680 ( previously 6s1842;6s1818)                                                  2000 Saleen S281 Speedster.                              Previously two sunbeam tigers and have owned 24 mustangs ; 4 Mercury Cyclones and one 1960 Fiat 600!

69mach351w

Cob4ra, I know EXACTLY what you mean even without you saying it. 

I love the photo ;)

Here is my loving GSD, Max!!! He has brought me so much joy when I felt my muscular physical pain. And also the mental pain of having physical pain!!

ITHERTZ

Loved the book and really enjoyed the movie yesterday.  Not a dry eye in the theater.  Expect to see Golden Retriever pups command big money this fall (:

6s1802

Took the wife to see it yesterday. Really enjoyed the film. Well made, the driving scenes were good, and no political overtones.
Made the wife cry and I didn't have to hear you just wasted another two hours of my life on one of your movies.
The played the Ford V Ferrari trailer, nice to see it on the big screen.

Cobrask8

Read the book and planning on seeing the movie.

But, wanting to know how close was the movie to the book? Not wanting to see another "DaVinci Code" where the movie was quite different