Author Topic: Friendly warning  (Read 7085 times)

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
Re: Friendly warning
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2019, 06:17:09 PM »
    Keith ,
        I understand and that is the reason I bust butt to help him on that issue. He was using a local MI manufacturer and having troubles . We talked two years ago at PRI and I have been doing parts for him since then on a two week or less basis as long as he remembers to place an order with me. I make him do emails for validation of order date.
    Randy

Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2019, 06:20:57 PM »
Way too many issues with Barry.  I think he is a good guy with good intentions but he needs someone else running his business.   He seems more interested in the Engine Masters challenge than his customers.  Blair Patrick however is top-notch!
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

roddster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2019, 08:43:43 AM »
  And the information to contact Blair Patrick is?  Thank you.

stangman39

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2019, 08:49:41 AM »
So frustrating when communication isn't good or the communication doesn't match actions.
In the tech world we live in today there really isn't any excuse for blowing people off.

Thomas

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2019, 09:25:46 AM »
So frustrating when communication isn't good or the communication doesn't match actions.
In the tech world we live in today there really isn't any excuse for blowing people off.

+1

shelbydoug

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2019, 09:33:11 AM »
It could be a bankruptcy situation? You do not have to be notified of the filing and income from any source is put to the overall situation of the filer. It does not have to go to your transaction. There is essentially a priority list of debtors.

This smells a little of it?
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2019, 10:09:38 AM »

The number for Blair is (423) 837-1514...  He is in South Pittsburg TN.

• SAAC Member
  • Fox Island, WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2019, 12:31:51 PM »

Thanks, I tried looking him up and it appears he doesn't have a site.

Does he go by Blair on the FE forums?

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2019, 02:11:37 PM »

Thanks, I tried looking him up and it appears he doesn't have a site.

Does he go by Blair on the FE forums?

Yes, he is really well known in FE circles. 

Greg

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2019, 02:17:09 PM »
It could be a bankruptcy situation? You do not have to be notified of the filing and income from any source is put to the overall situation of the filer. It does not have to go to your transaction. There is essentially a priority list of debtors.

This smells a little of it?

I don't think that is the case.  I truly believe that Barry is a guy that had a hobby and was good at building engines and the hobby turned into a job and the job turned into a hassle and he can't say no.

Terry Curry

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2019, 03:09:15 PM »
I bought a set of heads from Survival Motorsports and yes the communication was lacking. I think Barry was overwhelmed when a article about FE's and performance parts for those engines was published a couple of years ago (That is what prompted me to buy his heads) and his heads were rated at the top. It took two years to get them but at the time I wasn't in a hurry because of family stuff going on and other projects. I called once a month for awhile with no word and then a he would call back and give me status.
When I finally received the heads, my engine builder was impressed with the work and he has been building engines for some time for a few of the stock car and trans am racers here on the west coast so I was pleased to hear that.

Once I figure which carbs I'm going with I hope to have heck of a motor.

Terry
Shelby GT500 #504

camp upshur

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2019, 03:41:58 PM »
Blair Patrick is active on the FE Power forum: CaptCobraJet.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 02:44:16 AM by camp upshur »

67gt500

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2019, 05:09:25 PM »
Here is his email address

captcj@hughes.net

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2019, 07:05:11 PM »

Blair Patrick is active on the FR Power forum: CaptCobraJet.
Whats FR power  ;D

shelbymann1970

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2019, 07:21:17 PM »
Hi all, i want to post a kind warning about dealings with survival motorsports.  I purchased a set of FE complete heads off ebay from Barry.  He promised me they would be completed in 60 days.  90 days later still no product. 120 days later no product. I was way overdue my heads so i asked for a refund. Sent numerous emails, no reply. Several voice messages and no return calls. 6 months later i received an email stating he has been sick. 7 months later he says he is short of help. 9 months later he said he was
short on inventory,  more excuses why he cant refund my $2700 or provide me a set of heads. It was an endless string of excuses. I had to finally break down and buy another set of heads to get my engine back in the car. Barry was apologetic and promised he would take care of me. It didnt happen. I had to text, call and email constantly with no replies. I finally was forced to contact the FBI internet crimes detail and the Michigan state police
 after 14 months of being blown off. I emailed Barry of my intentions to prosecute him for theft as a courtesy to him. Amazingly i had a set of heads on my doorstep within a week. Be careful with your dealings with survival motorsports. Barry is not a good guy!
Did you ask for any help on the forum for a drop in at his place? A few of us live real close to Survival. I have heard of them but never did business with them as I haven't had anything that has needed to be done  in at least a decade. Gary
Shelby owner since 1984
SAAC member since 1990
1970 GT350 4 speed(owned since 1985).
  MCA gold 2003(not anymore)
1969 Mach1 428SCJ 4 speed R-code (owned since 2013)