News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Tire shopping - Avon CR6ZZ question

Started by wcampbell, August 01, 2019, 07:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madeulook

They are really cool looking and really expensive - Hoosiers from Lake Geneva, Wi - Berget Tire - new and used - for $50 to $150 a corner - Street TD's - drive the crap out of these.
SFM5R-madeulook
1965 GT 350 Competition Tribute
1st. place pop vote Mid-Ohio

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on August 28, 2019, 11:25:03 AM
Not trying to muddy the waters here but the Vredestein Sprint Classic is an other alternative:  https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Vredestein&tireModel=Sprint+Classic&partnum=07WR5SC

That's funny you mention these, Stan, as I these are the exact tires I ordered and am currently using on 6S141!

And, for the price and functionality, I love them!
Nothing beats a classic!

mark p

Quote from: NC TRACKRAT on August 28, 2019, 11:25:03 AM
Not trying to muddy the waters here but the Vredestein Sprint Classic is an other alternative:  https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Vredestein&tireModel=Sprint+Classic&partnum=07WR5SC

I just got a set of those for the Tiger (205/60VR-13), took the first ride on Sunday - all seems good. With all of the caution about breaking in new tires, I did not push it around any ramps or curves [yet]. I did take a run down a sparsely occupied highway, and it was very smooth, I "may have" gone a little over the posted speed  ???
The shop noted that they balanced really well - at least one had no weights.
Seems like I looked at these a couple of years ago... but now the prices are quite a bit LOWER(?)
I also checked my old file... and I did put a set of the "old version" of these on the car (185/70-13) back  in 1985 when we first bought it.
Full disclosure: I was just selected as a "tire tester" for Vredestein.
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

Gary

I have AVON 215/60R/15 in the front and 225/60R/15 in the rear on the car right now. When racing the car has had Hoosier and Goodyears on it.

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: gsharapa on November 03, 2019, 01:01:50 PM
I have AVON 215/60R/15 in the front and 225/60R/15 in the rear on the car right now. When racing the car has had Hoosier and Goodyears on it.

Sweet garage and car graphics! 👍🏻
Nothing beats a classic!

CSX 4133

Where do you race your 350 gsharapa, I've not seen it before?  Interestingly enough my 350 bears the exact same number (#74).

CSX2259

As far as I know there are only two CR6ZZ dealers in North America, Roger Kraus on the west coast and SASCO Motorsports on the east coast.

CSX 4133

mlplunkett

I'm not finding anything on a web search for the Hoosier Street TDs. Have they been discontinued? Anybody got another recommendation for a good street/track Hoosier for an R-Model application?
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction

Jcole65GT

I purchased CR6ZZ for my 65 435hp 15" wheel coupe (205/60 and 225/60) and was never able to push to my moderate driver ability. Visual and performance for tire life is not matched. I had 3k plus before car sold and looked Like new.

Jerry Cole

CSX 4133

The Avon's would be a better choice for street and occasional track day. The Hoosier TD-R's are not DOT certified, but a dedicated track tire and are a little pricey at $830/ea. depending on sizing.