News:

We have implemented a Photo Gallery for hosting images right here on SAACFORUM. Check the How-To in News from HQ

Main Menu

Looking for any information on a 67 GT-350 67200F2A01441

Started by eragtforty, August 02, 2019, 02:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eragtforty

I am looking for historical information/pictures of 67200F2A01441.  Supposedly a 3 owner car that has vintage raced on the East coast.   This car was restored by Pittsburgh Mustang in the early 1990's and was been driven / Vintage Ta road raced since.
I searched the internet but no info found.  Dave sent me the registry info which was very helpful.  Looking for any  info available, hopefully from someone who has seen this car or someone who knows any of the previous owners. 
Any info is very much appreciate,  This GT350  is currently on EBAY   https://www.ebay.com/itm/323871743727

Thanks,  Jerry

@eragtforty did you win the auction?

Looks like a heck of a buy. I sure like the car.

eragtforty

Nope, did not win,  I was away from my PC when I returned it was sold  it leaped from 41000 to a new buy it now of 75500   Good deal for someone.   I liked that car also so a bit bummed

Quote from: eragtforty on August 03, 2019, 01:26:21 AM
Nope, did not win,  I was away from my PC when I returned it was sold  it leaped from 41000 to a new buy it now of 75500   Good deal for someone.   I liked that car also so a bit bummed

Shoot.

I would not be surprised to see it for sale again soon with an ask around $95k. Maybe more.

67 GT350

Market is truly down, only us older men own them, kids don't want the hassle of ownership. I do plan to buy more. Maybe they need another movie to come out again so we can see a "67 Shelby" on every corner again. What was that car again? Sheesh, I don't remember...See we need a movie!
RARE  Signature Delete

BGlover67

Quote from: 67 GT350 on August 03, 2019, 07:12:43 AM
Market is truly down, only us older men own them, kids don't want the hassle of ownership. I do plan to buy more. Maybe they need another movie to come out again so we can see a "67 Shelby" on every corner again. What was that car again? Sheesh, I don't remember...See we need a movie!

I used to think like that, but I watched the reaction of a few younger folks looking Ted S's '68 KR recently and it renewed my hope in the next generation.  They may not be able to afford them, but the younger kids still know what is cool and what is not in the car world.  :)

Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: BGlover67 on August 03, 2019, 12:36:15 PM

I used to think like that, but I watched the reaction of a few younger folks looking Ted S's '68 KR recently and it renewed my hope in the next generation.  They may not be able to afford them, but the younger kids still know what is cool and what is not in the car world.  :)

I have to agree.  I have a young neighbor boy (about 13 years old) who literally ran over when I had my 67 Shelby GT350 in the driveway.  He had no idea what the car was, it's history, or the history of the manufacturer.  But, when he saw it, he loved it!
Nothing beats a classic!

BGlover67

Quote from: Shelby_r_b on August 03, 2019, 12:47:04 PM

I have to agree.  I have a young neighbor boy (about 13 years old) who literally ran over when I had my 67 Shelby GT350 in the driveway.  He had no idea what the car was, it's history, or the history of the manufacturer.  But, when he saw it, he loved it!

Ruben, are you sure it wasn't the 'all you can eat ice cream' you promised him? 
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

Shelby_r_b

Quote from: BGlover67 on August 03, 2019, 01:16:28 PM
Quote from: Shelby_r_b on August 03, 2019, 12:47:04 PM

Ruben, are you sure it wasn't the 'all you can eat ice cream' you promised him?

LOL!  Hey, a little bribery goes a long way.  ;)
Nothing beats a classic!

Bigfoot

The market is not down on 67-350's and a guy I know in early 20's was just Talking to me about buying one.
Maybe someone got a bargain....
Who knows.
RIP KIWI
RIP KIWI

Vernon Estes

67 GT350 4 speeds are among the hottest specs of Shelby on the market. Have been for the last few years. In fact, I don't know of another Shelby right now that is more sale-able considering that 65s are strong also but they are perhaps tougher to sell only because it takes finding a rarer buyer in that good examples of those cars trade for multiples of the price of a 67 GT350.

The market in general for 65-67 Shelbys is very good at the moment, has been for a long while.

75k seems like a fair price for both parties on that particular car. Maybe a smidge less than someone could get for the car if they really held out for the absolute most $$ possible...but the car in the eBay ad would need a complete restoration to be what most buyers would consider a "nice driver" type car or a nicely restored car. That level of car would cost approx 135-155k on today's market with its original engine (which the feature car doesnt have). Obviously, it would cost the buyer far more to get the car to that level than the difference between the resulting value and the initial purchase price on the car.

BTW, not trying to critique the featured auction car as it looks like a good, fun car at a reasonable price for the buyer. I certainly like it and, if i were the buyer, id do a quick engine compartment clean up with some less expensive corrections and drive the car to my heart's content.

4 speed GT350s are getting impossible to find anymore. Everyone who has one has been holding onto them it seems. I have two at the moment and, frankly, im in no hurry to sell them because they just dont come in often any more. Certainly not like they used to.

Vern
Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.