News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

Ebay Shelby GT350 1967

Started by Kent, August 04, 2019, 06:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kent

67200F2A01441

1967 Shelby GT350 Vin 01441

sold for 75.500 $ where is the problem, registry has not a lot of infos about it

https://www.ebay.de/itm/1967-Ford-Mustang/323871743727?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68

Harris Speedster

Probably too many unknowns about the car.
Perhaps a reserve may have been a good idea ?.
The Club can not offer more than they have, if more has not been submitted for the registry.
Respectfully submitted,
John
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

IMO someone needed it gone now and someone else got a good deal.

67 GT350

And the market is very down! Possibly for good. If you see a deal, buy it. Armchair quarterbacking is happening. Lots of people are saying, wow I would have gave the guy the money for it, well they could have!
RARE  Signature Delete

Greg

Quote from: 67 GT350 on August 04, 2019, 05:40:23 PM
And the market is very down! Possibly for good. If you see a deal, buy it. Armchair quarterbacking is happening. Lots of people are saying, wow I would have gave the guy the money for it, well they could have!

I agree with you, what I am seeing is kind of alarming.  Look at all of these collections being sold off, these guys probably have a pretty good insight that this is as good as it is going to get.  I am seeing lots of parts collections being sold off as well. 
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

sfm5s081

probably best to put eyes on it. I mean it's ebay so everything is always legit

silverton_ford

shelbydoug

Quote from: Greg on August 04, 2019, 06:13:25 PM

I agree with you, what I am seeing is kind of alarming.  Look at all of these collections being sold off, these guys probably have a pretty good insight that this is as good as it is going to get.  I am seeing lots of parts collections being sold off as well.

You need to consider that the owners are of a certain age where it makes sense to liquidate.
68 GT350 Lives Matter!

Greg

Quote from: shelbydoug on August 05, 2019, 01:55:44 PM
Quote from: Greg on August 04, 2019, 06:13:25 PM

You need to consider that the owners are of a certain age where it makes sense to liquidate.

I agree with you BUT a lot of the next generation doesn't care anything about these cars which will inevitably drop the value of them.
Shelby's and Fords from Day 1

427heaven

Agreed many are past their golden years, they don't race, fix, repair, show or drive their cars anymore. For many its time to let go, so the youngins can enjoy them for awhile. It has been said many times before, if your focus is on how much your car is worth and worrying on what the market is doing you are not enjoying your car as intended. Maybe its time for those to sell off their pride and joy vehicles and buy a prius for those non worrysome drives. Muscle cars or classic cars are wanted more then ever and prices reflect that, Don't worry be happy now, as the song goes.  ;)

Vernon Estes

Frankly, the fuss over collector cars not being appreciated by the next generation just isnt the case. It can seem that way sometimes, but its not reality.

These things are expensive. The vast majority of my generation cant afford them at the moment. Give it time. They are also rare, tough to access unless you have a rich daddy growing up. Thats where all the more senior hobbyists should feel a particular responsibility to get out and share their cars. Again, give it time.

I am confident the "next generation" will pickup the torch just fine. They already have, just in different ways than the last generations.

Kind regards,
Vern

Junk dealer and the oldest young guy you will ever know.

deathsled

"Low she sits on five spoke wheels
Small block eight so live she feels
There she's parked beside the curb
Engine revving to disturb
She's the princess from his past
Red paint gold stripes damned she's fast"

silverton_ford

Quote from: Vernon Estes on August 05, 2019, 04:36:14 PM
Frankly, the fuss over collector cars not being appreciated by the next generation just isnt the case. It can seem that way sometimes, but its not reality.

These things are expensive. The vast majority of my generation cant afford them at the moment. Give it time. They are also rare, tough to access unless you have a rich daddy growing up. Thats where all the more senior hobbyists should feel a particular responsibility to get out and share their cars. Again, give it time.

I am confident the "next generation" will pickup the torch just fine. They already have, just in different ways than the last generations.

Kind regards,
Vern

Agreed!  I am 35 with a mortgage, a young family and student loans (paid off in full two years ago)......these cars are expensive and a little out of reach at the moment.  It is going to take a while for my Shelby fund to grow, but it is slowly growing.  In the mean time I have a 1966 Mustang fastback with added Shelby parts.  I continue to learn about the marque from this forum, SAAC publications and many other members that I have become friends with.  Many folks in my age group are all in the same situation.

Kent

Yes everybody above me is pretty right with his statements. But as I always say in the middle is the truth. So we take a little bit of everything and at the end nothing will change really, believe me also in 50 years we will drive Shelby´s , Mustangs, Ford´s and so on between all the electric crap and there will be always people who enjoy that and spend money for it. I´m only 36 years and my collection looks like a 60-80 years old men collection not money wise but I have nothing older than 1968.
SAAC Member from Germany and Owner of a unrestored 1967 Shelby GT500, 1968 1/2 Cobra Jet´s and some nice Mustang Fastback´s 67/68