Author Topic: Pacific Grove Rally show Aug 16  (Read 2677 times)

gjz30075

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Pacific Grove Rally show Aug 16
« on: August 07, 2019, 10:04:51 AM »
I'm reading the Grassroots Motorsports mag's Monterey Guide and I see the Pacific Grove Rotary Concours Auto Rally is being held Aug 16
and is honoring Shelby.   The website says Cobra but I'm not sure if they welcome Shelby Mustangs.  Anyone planning on going?
http://pgrotary.org/lawyer/19th-Annual-Pacific-Grove-Concours-Auto-Rally_cp8081.htm

Wish I could be there.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 10:06:41 AM by gjz30075 »
Greg Z
6S2249

SFM5S000

• SAAC Member
  • California Native
    • View Profile
Re: Pacific Grove Rally show Aug 16
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 02:24:27 PM »
I'm flying home to California this Saturday. I'll be there all week through the 18th.

I've done the PG Rally numerous times. It's just okay. It starts in PG  goes to the coast past Pebble Beach up through 17 mile drive, comes out the bottom of Ocean ave in Carmel, goes up Ocean ave, then winds back to PG. if you plan to go you need to be there no later than 1:00pm. Then you hang out all afternoon until you go.

The night before, Thursday, if you're not going to the Quail the Baja Cantina next door is the place to go. The owner has a red 66 GT350.

Another option for Thursday (I prefer) is "Exotics on Cannery Row" Ferraris, Lamborghini's, Pagani's,
Koenig 's, McLarens, etc. Two car clubs that typically show up are the "Fuel Run" and "Millionaires Car club" people. This event oozes with money, very very nice looking two legged creatures aside from the cars. Your Ferragamo or Gucci loafers will be right at home with this crowd.

Last year some guy showed up in a AMG CLK-GTR DTM D2 LeMans Mercedes Benz on the street...

I know I'm going backwards.

On Wednesday I'm with a few friends helping another friend prepare a Morris Minor "woody" for one of the auction houses.

Tuesday is the "Cars on Ocean Ave" show in Carmel. A number of these cars are cars going to Pebble Beach for the concourse de Elegance.

As I said I'll be there all week.

All the auction houses will be there as well. If I'm not too burnt from Laguna Seca on Saturday I may go to one to watch. More than likely if I go will be to RS. 5S047, CSX2095 (I think) etc.

Anyway.

Cheers,
~Earl J
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 04:58:13 PM by SFM5S000 »

SFM5S000

• SAAC Member
  • California Native
    • View Profile
Re: Pacific Grove Rally show Aug 16
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 10:11:48 AM »
Here's the local ad.
(sorry it's upside down)