News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

65 Hipo Dual Point Distributor Shaft and Lower Bushings

Started by mygt350, February 17, 2018, 02:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mygt350

I am looking for a 65 Hipo Dual Point distributor shaft. Prefer NOS but would look hard at a really nice used one. Have the points cam, cam gear and collar. Just need the distributor shaft. Also looking for 2 NOS lower distributor bushings. Dizzy is C50F-12127-E FoMoCo

Thanks
Continuous caretaker of 5S228 since May 1967

mygt350

Bump.  Part number for the lower dizzy bushing is C5AZ-12132-A. Looking for 2 of them.
Still looking for NOS dizzy shaft for a C50F-12127-E (small block) dual point. Could also use NOS Points cam/reluctor. Part number C5AZ-12210-A. This is the 13L and 18L mechanical advance for a C50F-12127-E (small block) dual point.
Thanks

Bob Gaines

FYI these parts are seldom seen NOS. The used versions of the parts are seldom sold separately . It certainly doesn't hurt to ask and course best of luck ,but I wanted to mention this in case you thought the lack of response was because others were ignoring you.
Bob Gaines,Shelby Enthusiast, Shelby Collector , Shelby Concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

mygt350

Thanks Bob
I may get lucky and something surfaces.
Martin

KR Convertible

I had the same problem with my distributor.  I ended up buying a new Duralast distributor from Advance Auto.  The internal parts are the same dimensions as the original.  I used the shaft in my original housing.  I'm not sure if the dual point shaft is different or not, but worth checking out.

My next step was going to be grinding the shaft true and making oversized bushings.  If the shaft is only worn at the bottom bushing, you can make one oversized bushing for the bottom to improve the slop.  Mine was worn at the top bushing.

mygt350

Bump
Still looking for a NOS or really nice main shaft for a C50F-12127-E (small block) dual point . Have set of NOS points, NOS points cam and other components, just need better shaft than the one I have. Any joy out there?
Thanks for looking.
PM or e-mail. Retired so no matter..

stephen_becker

I had a nice used one that was rebuildable about 6 months ago and sold it for 1500.00

Wish I could help ya

SGB

al8apex

not sure if this request is still valid but ...

Have a NOS C5AZ-12210-A 289 HP rotor cam

This was available from the Don Roberts RACEngineering estate

Edit: spoken for via a FB group, thanks

mygt350

Did 65 gt350 HiPo dizzy have a 10L/13L or 13L/18Lreluctor ?

mtdubvee

I have an entire complete distributor for sale. Dated 4M for HIPO. Message me if interested.
SFM 5S123

SFM 5S269

1967 GT350 #41 Raven Black 4 Speed

Rukiddin