News:

SAAC Member Badges are NOW available. Make your request through saac.memberlodge.com to validate membership.

Main Menu

traction bar covers

Started by TLea, August 12, 2019, 04:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLea

Did all early 65s get the fiberglass boxes over traction bars on interior? I have car that came in with none and has no rivet holes in floor but it has been messed with a little

SFM5S000

All early two digit  "S" cars should have. Cars 5032 and earlier, most should have. All cars above 109 should have. Competition (R Models, I'm not 100 sure).

Cheers,
~Earl J

SFM6S087

If it is a later '65 it might help to know that the carryovers got those fiberglass boxes.

Steve

TLea

Quote from: SFM5S000 on August 12, 2019, 05:54:38 PM
Cars 5032 and earlier, most should have.

Cheers,
~Earl J
It is earlier, trying to figure if it was PO or early anomaly

Brant

Quote from: TLea on August 12, 2019, 04:57:14 PM
Did all early 65s get the fiberglass boxes over traction bars on interior? I have car that came in with none and has no rivet holes in floor but it has been messed with a little

Tim,

The very early cars that I have seen, do not have the interior fiberglass covers...only the rubber attached with pop rivets around the cut out in the floor.
-Brant

www.VirginiaClassicMustang.com

Subscribe to our Blog for the latest updates restoration projects and new parts information for 64 1/2-73 Mustangs!  http://blog.virginiaclassicmustang.com/

Like us on Facebook!  www.Facebook.com/VirginiaClassicMustang

CharlesTurner

If the car has the original rear floor, then there should be a few holes for pop rivets used to secure the covers.

Charles Turner
MCA/SAAC Judge

gt350hr

034 ( now owned by Craig Jackson) had fiberglass covers when I worked on it in the '70s. 212 (R model) had no evidence ( in 2000) of ever having them. 5S272 has covers. All carryovers had them but I do not know the transition point ( vin wise) for the switch to "E brake boots" like I have was made.
   Randy
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

TLea

Original floors and no holes. Car # 16

mlplunkett

Is there a currently-available E-brake boot that is a good substitute for the originals?
67 GT500 tribute under construction
65 R-model tribute under construction