Author Topic: 289 hipo  (Read 2414 times)

Acmeparts

• View Profile
289 hipo
« on: August 12, 2019, 10:49:37 PM »
How much is a 289 hipo with.  I grew up in a farming family.  My dad had mentioned a few times that there was a 289 in the cabinets in his shop.  The other day I opened them up and took a look. (He unexpectedly passed a year ago.). There’s probly 5 plus engines in there.  (Shelves 30 feet long.)
I grabbed one of the cranks and pulled it out.  It had the aaa crown 1m markings on it.  Which seems to be a hipo 289.  Along with the heavy dampner.  Rods checked out too.  So I was just curious.  Thanks in advance for any information on this motor.  !!!   Thank you.  Ps.  It’s time to live for today.  Something he taught me from the grave.  He was always working for tomorrow.  And never saw it.  Yet. 300 people at a farmers funeral shows how big his shoes were. Thanks guys. 

BGlover67

• SAAC Member
  • Formerly "My Shelby Dream"
    • View Profile
Re: 289 hipo
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 10:59:30 PM »
Sorry to hear that your father passed.  That's a pretty open question asking the value.  You need to say what the stampings on the engine block are including date codes and the same for the heads and other components.  How much of the engine is actually there?  Pictures would definitely help.  There are experts on this forum who can help you evaluate what you have, but you need to give them much more info.

Good luck.
Thanks,
Brian R. Glover
SAAC Carolina's Northern Representative

gjz30075

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 06:02:36 AM »
So sorry to hear about the unexpected loss of your father.    Where are you located?   I'm sure we know someone in your area to help.
Greg Z
6S2249

Chad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 09:27:59 PM »
Very wise words!  Sorry about your father!

Acmeparts

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 02:21:41 AM »
Thank you all for the words if wisdom.  Both privately and in the chat.  I am located on the palouse.  Eastern washington.  (Dont let the west side tarnish our reputation.) (No room for high octane fumes in a tiny house//unless..wait does sentsy make that? Damn im gonna be rich.)  Well...  unless you found yourself a good one.  And she agrees that the shop needs built first. 

69mach351w

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 09:17:40 PM »
Thank you all for the words if wisdom.  Both privately and in the chat.  I am located on the palouse.  Eastern washington.  (Dont let the west side tarnish our reputation.) (No room for high octane fumes in a tiny house//unless..wait does sentsy make that? Damn im gonna be rich.)  Well...  unless you found yourself a good one.  And she agrees that the shop needs built first.
Do you mind converting this to where we can understand it.