Author Topic: A great group of folks  (Read 2365 times)

Steve McDonald Formally known as Mcdonas

• SAAC Member
  • “Drive it like you stole it”
    • View Profile
A great group of folks
« on: August 13, 2019, 03:45:08 PM »
I go to a lot of cruises, car shows, etc. and I have to say that Shelby contingent is the best. They are always willing to help, they offer suggestions, they do not criticize. If you break down or have an issue with your car, they open their trunks, trucks, tool boxes, whatever and all jump in to help. When you are looking for some odd ball part or some OEM piece that will help you make your car "better than perfect" you always have more than a few chime in with, " i think i got one" or "I know someone that does". I know some other groups and to say they look down their noses at cars that don't meet their perception of "the standard", they turn and walk away muttering that the owner "does not get it"
All of them are cars, they were built and designed to be driven, some people like originals and won't change a thing, some are on that quest for concurs and without them we would be able to compare cars, some just enjoy owning and driving a half century old classic. Yeah they don't ride or drive like the new ones, but without the "old ones" we wouldn't be talking about the "new ones".
The recent SAAC 44 with both SAAC and Team Shelby to me was refreshing, new blood, old knowledge, classics and newer models, all came together to showcase the cars. The knowledge base of our members is beyond belief, with the older cars the amount of records that have appeared is amazing and the later models all have documentation out the wazoo. I hear some grumbling about the membership cost, but not too much about the membership value, and that is the point, anyone can get together and showcase the cars, but go to a SAAC meet, either regional or national and someone is there to help you in what ever question you have and congratulating you for the stewardship of the car and admiring  your ride
and isn't that what's it all about
Thanks to all of the members who make this happen
Owned since 1971, now driven over 245,000 miles, makes me smile every time I drive it and it makes me feel 21 again.😎

Corey Bowcutt

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
Re: A great group of folks
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 03:52:40 PM »
I could not agree more.

Shelby_r_b

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 04:01:29 PM »
Nothing beats a classic!

JD

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 04:16:52 PM »
'67 Shelby Headlight Bucket Grommets https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=254.0
'67 Shelby Lower Grille Edge Protective Strip https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.0

mark p

• SAAC Member
  • south NJ - Philly 'burbs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 08:52:08 PM »
well said
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me" (from Teen Angst by the band "Cracker")

66 Tiger / 65 Thunderbird

GT350Lad

• SAAC Member
  • Trent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 05:54:55 AM »
Agree, well said
6S373
6S1276

FL SAAC

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 08:58:49 AM »
Well said + 1

I go to a lot of cruises, car shows, etc. and I have to say that Shelby contingent is the best. They are always willing to help, they offer suggestions, they do not criticize. If you break down or have an issue with your car, they open their trunks, trucks, tool boxes, whatever and all jump in to help. When you are looking for some odd ball part or some OEM piece that will help you make your car "better than perfect" you always have more than a few chime in with, " i think i got one" or "I know someone that does". I know some other groups and to say they look down their noses at cars that don't meet their perception of "the standard", they turn and walk away muttering that the owner "does not get it"
All of them are cars, they were built and designed to be driven, some people like originals and won't change a thing, some are on that quest for concurs and without them we would be able to compare cars, some just enjoy owning and driving a half century old classic. Yeah they don't ride or drive like the new ones, but without the "old ones" we wouldn't be talking about the "new ones".
The recent SAAC 44 with both SAAC and Team Shelby to me was refreshing, new blood, old knowledge, classics and newer models, all came together to showcase the cars. The knowledge base of our members is beyond belief, with the older cars the amount of records that have appeared is amazing and the later models all have documentation out the wazoo. I hear some grumbling about the membership cost, but not too much about the membership value, and that is the point, anyone can get together and showcase the cars, but go to a SAAC meet, either regional or national and someone is there to help you in what ever question you have and congratulating you for the stewardship of the car and admiring  your ride
and isn't that what's it all about
Thanks to all of the members who make this happen
Living RENT FREE in your minds...

Home of the Hertz Musketeers 

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs.  It's jolted by every pebble on the road

I have all UNGOLD cars

I am certainly not a Shelby Expert

Life is short B happy

Doug C

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 11:28:43 AM »
I agree with the above as I’ve been a recipient of the SAAC assistance. Have to add that I’ve also made some good friends through the SAAC.