Author Topic: Checkered Flag: Tony Branda  (Read 10445 times)

6s2020

• View Profile
Re: Checkered Flag: Tony Branda
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 04:58:36 PM »
Sorry to hear this news, RIP Tony.

Bought lots of parts for a previous 65 fastback ground up project with shelby parts

Loved his catalogs.

Darryll

gt350hr

• Randy Gillis in real life - 5353 original posts
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 05:04:00 PM »
   This is a HUGE loss for our community! Tony was solely responsible for  supplying MANY restoration parts we enjoy. His catalogs were chock full of otherwise unavailable parts. He will be sorely missed!
    My condolences to the entire Branda family.
       Randy Gillis
Celebrating 46 years of drag racing 6S477 and no end in sight.

Bill

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 05:17:27 PM »
RIP Tony Sr, you were a HUGE part of the SAAC community and it was my pleasure to have known you for 35 years.

Instead of being part of the problem, be part of a successful solution.
HOW TO IDENTIFY A FORUM TROLL
https://www.saacforum.com/index.php?topic=16401.0

Harris Speedster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 05:21:20 PM »
My condolences to his family and friends.
Tony was a true early pillar of Shelby automobiles.

He shared his knowledge, and built one of the most respected Shelby parts centers in the world.
He will be missed.
John
Motor car Investments
Is this the first futuristic exotic in the world?
Size of an ac cobra, but built in 1935 !
https://www.autopuzzles.com/forum/features-stories-and-photos/harris-fwd-speedster-the-story/?PHPSESSID=v4pqtv6hep4ff4rvalrc9qsnj7

Doug C

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 05:38:35 PM »
Condolences to the Branda family and RIP Tony Sr.

TedS

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2019, 05:56:34 PM »
Back before the Internet, having a Branda catalog was like having a Sears or Montgomery Ward toy catalog just before Christmas.

Those were my thoughts exactly.When I read the OP I actually went digging in my "archives" to find an old Branda catalog. Earliest I found was 1981 but I'm sure I've had older. From my perspective he was "the guy" that had the good stuff.

My condolences to his family.

Ted

shlb69

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2019, 06:09:43 PM »
Condolences to his family. He was a great guy.

Bill Collins

• '65 GT350 006 owner since 1971
    • View Profile
Checkered Flag: Tony Branda
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2019, 06:13:24 PM »
Back in the mid 70's we had an SOA region here in Central PA. The SOA - Shelby Owner's Association - was the precursor to SAAC. The local mall was closed on Sundays (imagine that!) and the SCCA Region would periodically hold autocrosses in the parking lot. Various members of our SOA region would attend and/or participate and eventually we started having a gathering of Shelbys in connection with these events.

It was at one of these meets that I first met Tony - he had driven the roughly 100 miles from Altoona to Harrisburg to be there. I recall that he had set up a card table behind an old station wagon and was selling things like license plate frames, key chains and the like. These days we take such items for granted, but back then it was really cool stuff, as it was the first time many of us had a chance to get some trinkets to go with our car.

Tony built his business over the years, and I remember how we all thought he was crazy when he announced that he was going to make it into a full time enterprise. But he had the courage of his convictions, and his success is a testament to that.

For a long time the Branda family maintained an ice cream stand located next to Tony's parts store. Whenever I would visit on a car or parts deal, he would invite me to go over there with him and finish the day with a cool treat and some good conversation.

He was a good friend and business associate. I will remember him fondly and miss him greatly.
Enthusiast since 1965, SAAC charter member since 1975 and Regional Rep since 1985, GT350 Owner since 1971, 289 Cobra owner 1979-2016, Ford GT owner 2006 - 2017

Rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2019, 06:33:25 PM »
He will be missed. I've bought parts from him since the mid 70's.  When I sold all my Mustang and Shelby parts to him a few years ago, he insisted on sending me money as a good faith payment. He even sent Karl out to check a few of the parts, and help load them in pods, for the ride back to Pa. Our condolenses to all his family and employees. Ron & Cheryl McWilliams.
Original owner of 6S550. Owned since 1967. 64,000 Miles, all body original except hood and front valance. All glass original except windshield. Still has aluminum 4 speed. Has replacement Mico.  Also own 1966 Mustang convertible. They are drivers, not trailer queens.

68blk500c

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2019, 06:39:40 PM »
It was a joy to visit with Tony briefly at the recent convention.  Condolences to Tony II and the family.  Sad news, indeed.

jswoody

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2019, 06:44:16 PM »
My condolences to the Branda family.  Tony was a true Shelby/Mustang friend. 

propayne

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2019, 06:56:30 PM »
Very sad news - I had no idea he was ill.

Several bits and pieces on my XR7-G from Tony Branda.

Carlisle will never be quite the same.

- Phillip
President, Delmarva Cougar Club - Brand Manager, Cougar Club of America

texas swede

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2019, 07:04:39 PM »
RIP Tony,
Started to do business with him in the late 70's and he was always very nice to deal with. Ordered stuff by letter after a quick
telephone call and enclosed a bank money order and the parts showed up in Sweden a few weeks later. The last part I bought from him was an original early 67 windshield water bag bracket.
Hopefully the family will continue the business for many years to come.
Texas Swede

KR500

• SAAC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2019, 07:30:31 PM »
Sad news indeed. Condolences to the Branda family. I first dealt with Tony 30 years ago, nice guy. He will be missed. RIP Tony

Rodney Harrold
Rodney Harrold,Ohio SAAC Rep,SAAC 68 Shelby Concourse Judge,68 GT500KR 02267

1109RWHP

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2019, 07:53:13 PM »
Sorry to hear this sad news. I thought he was doing better. He was always nice to deal with.